|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
|Genres||Pop, swing, new wave|
|Past members||Steve Lambert
Roman Holliday was a 1980s British band, whose style of music was a mixture of swing and pop. They are best known in the UK for their hit single, "Don't Try To Stop It", which reached number 14 in the UK Singles Chart in the summer of 1983. A follow-up, "Motormania," peaked at number 40.
In the United States the group achieved exposure through MTV, which aired their "Stand By" video. The single went to number one on the Canadian Adult Contemporary chart in November 1983. Roman Holliday also charted in Japan on the international, as well as the domestic market, with "Hear It in The Night"; and the Robert John "Mutt" Lange written and produced track, "One Foot Back in Your Door." Both singles went Top 10.
Roman Holliday was mainly composed of:
- Steve Lambert, born 14 March 1962 (age 53) in Mile End, London — singer
- Brian Bonhomme, born 30 September 1962 (age 52) in Harlow, Essex — guitar / vocals
- Simon Cohen, born 11 January 1963 (age 52) in King's Cross, London — drums
- Adrian York, born 11 July 1961 (age 53) in Chiswick, London — piano
- Jon Durno, born 4 March 1962 (age 53) in Enfield, London — bass
- John Eacott, born 19 December 1961 (age 53) in N/A, London — trumpet
- Rob Lambert, born 22 February 1963 (age 52) in Epping, Essex — saxophone
- Roman Holliday (1983) Jive / Arista / Sony / BMG - U.S. Billboard 200 No. 142
- Cookin' on the Roof (1983) Jive / Arista / Sony / BMG - UK No. 31; U.S. Billboard 200 No. 116
- Fire Me Up (1984) Jive / Arista / Sony / BMG - U.S. Billboard 200 No. 201
- ローマの休日/Cookin' on the Roof CBS SONY
- 涙のラストクルーズ/Fire Me Up CBS SONY
- ティーチャーズ/TEACHERS Original soundtrack from the motion pictures / an Aaron Russo Production /One Foot Back in Your Door
- "Stand By" (1983) - UK No. 61; U.S. Hot 100 No. 54 US CB No. 57
- "Don't Try To Stop It" (1983) - UK No. 14; U.S. Hot 100 No. 68 US CB No. 66
- "Motormania" (1983) - UK No. 40
- "One Foot Back in Your Door" (1985) - U.S. No. 76
- "スタンバイ/Stand By
- "俺らはハリキリボーイ/Don't Try To Stop It
- "涙のラストクルーズ/Hear It In The Night
- "ワン•フット•バック/One Foot Back in Your Door
DVD & Lazer Disk
- "Live In Tokyo" 1985 <厚生年金大ホール/Koseinenkin Big Hall>
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 469. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Allmusic ((( Roman Holliday > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))".