|Born||14 February 1929|
Biała Podlaska, Poland
|Died||11 June 2018 (aged 89)|
Roman Kłosowski (14 February 1929 – 11 June 2018) was a Polish actor.
A graduate of the National School of Drama in Warsaw he made his debut on stage in the play Szczęście Frania by Włodzimierz Perzyński. From 1955 he made many appearances in The Aleksander Zelwerowicz National Academy of Dramatic Art in Warsaw. He made his screen debut in 1953, starring in the film Celuloza, under the directorship of Jerzy Kawalerowicz.
He would go on the star in another of Kawalerowicz's films, Shadow (Cień) in 1956, a film which was entered into the 1956 Cannes Film Festival. The film is a Rashōmon-like investigation into the life of a man found dead after having been hurled from a train.
Then in 1964 he starred in the Aleksander Ford film The First Day of Freedom which was entered into the 1965 Cannes Film Festival. Kłosowski starred alongside Tadeusz Lomnicki, Beata Tyszkiewicz and Tadeusz Fijewski. In the late 1960s he appeared in the World War II miniseries Czterej pancerni i pies.
In 1986 he once again was directed by Andrzej Kondratiuk in the comedy-sci-fi television series Big Bang. Playing the character of Shepherd Kazimierz, he featured alongside actors such as Ludwik Benoit, Zofia Merle and Janusz Gajos. In 1989 he played the role of Edward in the Andrzej Barański's film, The Peddler. In 1996 he would again collaborate with Barański and appear in the psychological film, Dzień wielkiej ryby, in 1996.
- Celuloza, by Jerzy Kawalerowicz (1953)
- Człowiek na torze, by A. Munk (1956)
- Cień, by Jerzy Kawalerowicz (1956)
- Eroica, by A. Munk (1957)
- Ewa chce spać, by T. Chmielewski (1958)
- Baza ludzi umarłych, by Cz. Petelski (1958)
- Pętla aka The Noose, by Wojciech Has (1958)
- Giuseppe w Warszawie, by S. Lenartowicz (1964)
- Pierwszy dzień wolności, by Aleksander Ford (1964)
- Three Steps on Earth (1965)
- Hydrozagadka – by Andrzej Kondratiuk
- Czterej pancerni i pies
- Czterdziestolatek, by J. Gruza, TV series (1974–1976)
- Czy jest tu panna na wydaniu, by Janusz Kondratiuk (1976)
- Wielka majówka, by K. Rogulski (1981)
- Big Bang, by Andrzej Kondratiuk (1986)
- Sonata marymoncka, by J. Ridan (1987)
- Koniec sezonu na lody, by S. Szyszko (1987)
- I Love, You Love (1989)
- Kramarz, reż. A. Barański (1990)
- Dzień wielkiej ryby, by A. Barański (1996)
- Świat według Kiepskich, by O.Khamidow
- Rób swoje ryzyko jest twoje, by M. Terlecki (2002)
- Stacyjka, TV series (2003-2004)
- Atrakcyjny pozna panią (2004)
- Niania (2005–2006) as uncle Henio
- Jeszcze nie wieczór, by Jacek Bławut (2008)
- Ojciec Mateusz (2009)
- Witold Filler, Lech Piotrowski, Poczet aktorów polskich. Od Solskiego do Lindy, wyd. Philip Wilson, Warszawa 1998.
- "Celuloza" (in Polish). Film Polski. Retrieved August 30, 2009.
- "Festival de Cannes: Shadow". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved August 30, 2009.
- "Festival de Cannes: The First Day of Freedom". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved August 30, 2009.
- "Dzień wielkiej ryby" (in Polish). Film Polski. Retrieved August 30, 2009.
- "Aktorzy" (in Polish). jeszczeniewieczor.com. Retrieved August 30, 2009.
- "Jeszcze nie wieczór" (in Polish). Film Polski. Retrieved August 30, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roman Kłosowski.|