|Born||June 4, 1977|
Dniprodzerzhynsk, Ukrainian SSR, USSR
|Genres||Jazz fusion, world fusion, Latin jazz|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, record producer|
|Associated acts||Larry Coryell, Steve Vai|
Roman Miroshnichenko was born on June 4, 1977, in Dniprodzerzhynsk, Ukrainian SSR, USSR. His father, Maxim, is an arranger, band leader, and saxophone player. Roman Miroshnichenko started playing guitar in his early teens. He was a member of his father's big band from 1994 to 1999. He studied engineering at Dnipropetrovsk University in the Soviet Union, and then studied jazz guitar at the Moscow State University of Culture.
Roman Miroshnichenko was heavily influenced by John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia, Larry Coryell and Al Di Meola. In 2002, he founded his own band, RMProject, and has been touring in Russia, Europe, Asia, and the United States.
He has worked with musicians such as Steve Vai, Al Di Meola, Marco Mendoza, Jennifer Batten, Heather Headley, and Djivan Gasparyan during his career. Formerly, he played in a duo with fusion guitarist Larry Coryell.
In 2009, Roman Miroshnicheko has released his solo album "Temptation," featuring Daniel Figueiredo, Frank Colon, Clive Stevens, and Henrik Andersen, amongst others. The album's single "Unforgiven" won both the standard and People's Choice popular-vote judging at the 9th Annual Independent Music Awards, in the song category "World Traditional." The album itself was nominated at the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards, in the category "World Beat."
In 2013, Roman Miroshnichenko won first prize at the 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition. War & Peace, The Opera was presented at the World Of Guitar Festival in Russia in 2015; it was written by Larry Coryell, featuring The Russian Philharmonic Orchestra with the Roman Miroshnichenko jazz trio and the Slovenian Academy of Music (Ljubljana) vocal octet.
In April 2013, Hal Leonard Books (one of the biggest US publishing houses) released “The Great Jazz Guitarists” encyclopedia, the most comprehensive guide to jazz guitarists ever published (from Django Reinhardt to Les Paul, Jeff Beck and beyond) with information about Roman Miroshnichenko.
In 2015, Roman Miroshnichenko formed the World of Guitar Trio with Henrik Andersen and José Antonio Rodríguez. Their album Perfect Strangers won the "Best Instrumental Album" award at the 15th Annual Independent Music Awards. "Moon over Tanjore," a song from the album, won the award for Best World Traditional Song, while Miroshnichenko's "Alien's Dream" was nominated for Best Instrumental Song.
Roman Miroshnichenko is an international projects director of the annual World of Guitar festival, held in Kaluga, Russia. In May 2017, at the festival's opening, Larry Coryell's last opera, based on Leo Tolstoy's novel Anna Karenina, was presented, featuring the Moscow Symphony along with Miroshnichenko, Serbian classical guitarist Nenad Stephanovich, and Slovenian opera soloists. The world premiere was dedicated to Coryell, the "godfather of fusion," who died in New York in February of that year. The opera was completed by Miroshnichenko and Stephanovich after the death of Coryell.
In late 2017, Roman Miroshnichenko released a new album, "Ascension," featuring Grammy-winning violinist Charlie Bisharat, Argentinian pianist Mario Parmisano, renown United States musicians percussionist Luis Alicea and keyboardist Aron Ferre, Danish virtuoso guitarist Henrik Andersen, and world-class percussionist Gumbi Ortiz. The album has earned a nomination in the “Best Instrumental Album” category at the 16th Annual Independent Music Awards. Two compositions from "Ascension" made Finalists of The UK Songwriting Contest and USA Songwriting Competition as well.
In May 2018 he toured with the ex-guitarist for Michael Jackson - band member of all three of his world tours - Jennifer Batten. In late 2018, Roman Miroshnichenko joined the judging panel of the 17th Annual Independent Music Awards program, along with Tom Waits, Robert Smith, Paquito D'Rivera, Lee Ann Womack, Todd Rundgren, and others.
Awards and honors
|2010||Independent Music Awards||Best World Traditional Song||"Unforgiven"||Won|
|Independent Music Awards||People VOX POP Choice||"Unforgiven"||Won|
|2011||Independent Music Awards||Best World Beat Album||"Temptation"||Nominated|
|2012||International Songwriting Competition||Jazz||"Eastern Etude"||Semi-finalist|
|2013||USA Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Desperation"||Won|
|2014||International Acoustic Music Awards||Instrumental||"Forgotten Melody"||Finalist|
|2014||International Songwriting Competition||World Music||"Open Heart"||Semi-finalist|
|2014||International Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Forgotten Melody"||Won, Honorable Mention Award|
|2015||International Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Alien's Dream"||Semi-finalist|
|2016||UK Songwriting Contest||Instrumental||"Alien's Dream"||Semi-finalist|
|2016||UK Songwriting Contest||Instrumental||"Desperation"||Finalist|
|2016||Independent Music Awards||Best Instrumental Album||"Perfect Strangers"||Won|
|2016||Independent Music Awards||Best Instrumental Song||"Moon Over Tanjore"||Won|
|2016||Independent Music Awards||Best World Traditional Song||"Alien's Dream"||Nominated|
|2016||International Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Adios Amigo"||Semi-finalist|
|2017||USA Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Bootman Badroomba"||Finalist|
|2017||UK Songwriting Contest||Instrumental||"Adios Amigo"||Finalist|
|2017||International Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Ups and Downs"||Semi-finalist|
|2017||International Songwriting Competition||Jazz||"Ascension"||Semi-finalist|
|2018||Independent Music Awards||Best Instrumental Album||"Ascension"||Nominated|
|2018||UK Songwriting Contest||Instrumental||"Song For Godfather Of Fusion"||Finalist|
|2018||USA Songwriting Competition||Jazz||"Ascension"||Finalist|
- The Infinity (2005)
- Live in Jazz Town, (2007)
- Together (2007)
- Temptation, (2009)
- Quasipsychedelic, (2011)
- Surreal, (2013)
- Perfect Strangers, World of Guitar Trio (2015)
- Ascension, (2017)
- 2004 – TV–serial Kamenskaya III, record of guitar tracks
- 2005 – TV–serial Tourists, record of guitar tracks
- 2007 – Russian Game movie, record of guitar tracks
- 2008 – Neproshenye, soundtrack co–author and guitarist
- 2010 – Ribeirao do tempo, Brazilian soap opera, record of guitar tracks
- 2010 – Tides to and From. Cartoon by Ivan Maksimov, record of guitar tracks This film is a participant of the Generation Kplus Programme at the 61st Berlinale Film Festival Competition and special prize winner at XVIII International Festival Competition of animation films, Krok, 2011
- 2011 – "Canto de Pilon". Music video guest
- Yanow, Scott (2013). The Great Jazz Guitarists. San Francisco: Backbeat. p. 139. ISBN 978-1-61713-023-6.
- "The Guitar Show with Andy Ellis - Player Spotlight". The Guitar Show. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Roman Miroshnichenko". All About Jazz. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Larry Coryell Congratulates Roman Miroshnichenko On His 20th Anniversary Of Performing". Jazz Corner. 9 October 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- IMA winners
- "Larry Coryell: "Kudos to Roman for Temptation!"". Retrieved February 28, 2011.
- "Russian Guitarist Has Won The 1st Prize Of The 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition". All About Jazz. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "The War and Peace Opera Presented By Larry Coryell". Jazz Corner. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- The Great Jazz Guitarists
- "PRS Artist Roman Miroshnichenko Nominated In The 15th Independent Music Awards". PRS Guitars. 20 October 2016. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- World Of Guitar festival
- First-Ever World Premiere Of Larry Coryell’s Last Opera
- 16th IMA Artist Judges
- Multi-Award Winning Guitarist Roman Miroshnichenko Celebrates 25 Years Of Music!
- "Roman Miroshnichenko Nominated In The 16th Independent Music Awards"". Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- Wechter, Abraham. "Roman Miroshnichenko". abrahamwechter.com. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Galopin, Jerome. "Ovation Tribute , the Best Source for Ovation & Adamas guitars". www.ovationtribute.com. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- This Year’s Independent Music Award Winners Revealed American Songwriter magazine
- Roman Miroshnichenko: The Independent Music Awards Vox Pop Winner! an article on the All About Jazz
- 10th Annual Independent Music Awards Nominees Announced!
- 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition winners
- 10th Annual IAMA finalists
- ISC 2014 semi-finalists list
- ISC 2014 Winners
- ISC 2015 semi-finalists list
- UKSC 2016 winners
- 15th Annual Independent Music Awards Winners
- 15th Annual Independent Music Awards Winners
- 15th Annual Independent Music Awards Nominees
- ISC 2016 semi-finalists
- 22nd Annual USA Songwriting Competition Finalists
- 16th Annual Independent Music Awards Nominees
- UKSC 2018 Winners
- 23nd Annual USA Songwriting Competition Finalists
- Larry Coryell: "Kudos to Roman for Temptation!"
- Review by David Hintz in FolkWorld Magazine
- Guitarist Roman Miroshnichenko Releases "Surreal"
- The Guitar Trio To Release Perfect Strangers