|Native name||Роман Мирошниченко|
June 4, 1977 |
Dniprodzerzhynsk, Ukrainian SSR
|Genres||Jazz fusion, world fusion, Latin jazz|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, record producer|
|Associated acts||Larry Coryell, Steve Vai|
|Ovation Custom Legend
PRS Guitars Private Stock
Abraham Wechter Florentine
Jerónimo Pérez signature model
Miroshnichenko was born on June 4, 1977, in Dniprodzerzhynsk, Ukraine. His father, Maxim, is an arranger, band leader, and saxophone player. Miroshnichenko started playing guitar in his early teens. From 1994–1999, he was a member of his father's big band. He studied engineering at Dnipropetrovsk University in Ukraine, then studied jazz guitar at the Moscow State University of Culture.
Miroshnichenko was heavily influenced by John McLaughlin, Paco De Lucia, Larry Coryell and Al Di Meola. In 2002, he founded his own band, RMProject, and has been touring since then all across Russia, Europe, Asia, and the U.S.
During his career he has worked with such musicians as: Steve Vai, Al Di Meola, Marco Mendoza, Heather Headley, Djivan Gasparyan, Dominique Di Piazza, to name a few.  For a few years, he played in a duo with fusion guitarist Larry Coryell.
In 2009 Roman Miroshnicheko has released his solo album "Temptation" featuring Daniel Figueiredo, Frank Colon, Clive Stevens, Henrik Andersen, to name a few. The album's single "Unforgiven" was nominated for and won both the regular and Peoples Choice popular vote judging 9th Anuual Independent Music Awards (IMA), The Best World traditional song category. Whole album was a nominee in the 10th IMA in the Best World Beat album category.Larry Coryell commented on the release: "Temptation is an excellent piece of the type of modern flamenco music that John McLaughlin and I played with Paco de Lucia in the late seventies in Europe. The "new" form smacks of freshness and vigor and Roman's more-than-impressive technique helps his lines soar above the complicated rhythms and sophisticated chords."
In 2013 Miroshnichenko won first prize at the 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition. In 2015 War & Peace, The Opera by Larry Coryell, featuring The Russian Philharmonic Orchestra along with Roman Miroshnichenko jazz trio and Slovenian Academy of music Ljubljana vocal octet was presented at World Of Guitar Festival in Russia.
Miroshnichenko formed the World of Guitar Trio with Henrik Andersen and José Antonio Rodríguez. Their album Perfect Strangers won Best Instrumental Album in the 15th Independent Music Awards in 2016. One of the album's songs, "Moon over Tanjore" by Andersen, won the award for Best World Traditional Song, while Miroshnichenko's "Alien's Dream" was nominated for Best Instrumental Song.
Since 2016 Miroshnichenko is an international projects director of the annual World of Guitar festival which is held in Kaluga, Russia. In May 2017, at the festival’s opening, Larry Coryell’s last opera, based on Leo Tolstoy's novel Anna Karenina was presented, featuring Moscow Symphony along with Roman Miroshnichenko, Serbian classical guitarist Nenad Stephanovich, and Slovenian opera soloists.. The world premiere was dedicated to Larry Coryell, the “godfather of fusion," who passed away in New York in February. Mr. Coryell worked on the opera until his last days. It was completed by Roman Miroshnichenko and Nenad Stephanovich after his death.
Awards and honors
|2010||The Independent Music Awards||Best World Traditional Song||"Unforgiven"||Won|
|The Independent Music Awards||People VOX POP Choice||"Unforgiven"||Won|
|2011||The Independent Music Awards||Best World Beat Album||"Temptation"||Nominated|
|2012||International Songwriting Competition||Jazz||"Eastern Etude"||Semi-finalist|
|2013||USA Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Desperation"||Won|
|2014||International Acoustic Music Awards||Instrumental||"Forgotten Melody"||Finalist|
|2014||International Songwriting Competition||World Music||"Open Heart"||Semi-finalist|
|2014||International Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Forgotten Melody"||Won, Honorable Mention Award|
|2015||International Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Alien's Dream"||Semi-finalist|
|2016||The UK Songwriting Contest||Instrumental||"Alien's Dream"||Semi-finalist|
|2016||The UK Songwriting Contest||Instrumental||"Desperation"||Finalist|
|2016||The Independent Music Awards||Best Instrumental Album||"Perfect Strangers"||Won|
|2016||The Independent Music Awards||Best Instrumental Song||"Moon Over Tanjore"||Won|
|2016||The Independent Music Awards||Best World Traditional Song||"Alien's Dream"||Nominated|
|2017||International Songwriting Competition||Instrumental||"Adios Amigo"||Semi-finalist|
- The Infinity (2005)
- Live in Jazz Town, (DVD, 2007)
- Together (Melodia, 2007)
- Temptation, (2009)
- Quasipsychedelic, (2011)
- Surreal, (2013)
- Perfect Strangers, World of Guitar Trio (2015)
- 2004 – TV–serial Kamenskaya III, record of guitar tracks
- 2005 – TV–serial Tourists, record of guitar tracks
- 2007 – Russian Game movie, record of guitar tracks
- 2008 – Neproshenye, soundtrack co–author and guitarist
- 2010 – Ribeirao do tempo, Brazilian soap opera, record of guitar tracks
- 2010 – Tides to and From. Cartoon by Ivan Maksimov, record of guitar tracks This film is a participant of the Generation Kplus Programme at the 61st Berlinale Film Festival Competition and special prize winner at XVIII International Festival Competition of animation films, Krok, 2011
- 2011 – "Canto de Pilon". Music video guest
- Yanow, Scott (2013). The Great Jazz Guitarists. San Francisco: Backbeat. p. 139. ISBN 978-1-61713-023-6.
- "The Guitar Show with Andy Ellis - Player Spotlight". The Guitar Show. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Roman Miroshnichenko". All About Jazz. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 21 November 2016.
- "Larry Coryell Congratulates Roman Miroshnichenko On His 20th Anniversary Of Performing". Jazz Corner. 9 October 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- IMA winners
- "Larry Coryell: "Kudos to Roman for Temptation!".". Retrieved February 28, 2011.
- Jazz Corner, February 28, 2011
"Temptation is an excellent piece of the type of modern flamenco music that John McLaughlin and I played with Paco de Lucia in the late seventies in Europe. The "new" form smacks of freshness and vigor and Roman's more-than-impressive technique helps his lines soar above the complicated rhythms and sophisticated chords."— Larry Coryell, Jazz Corner, February 28, 2011
- "Russian Guitarist Has Won The 1st Prize Of The 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition". All About Jazz. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "The War and Peace Opera Presented By Larry Coryell". Jazz Corner. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "PRS Artist Roman Miroshnichenko Nominated In The 15th Independent Music Awards". PRS Guitars. 20 October 2016. Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- World Of Guitar festival
- First-Ever World Premiere Of Larry Coryell’s Last Opera
- 16th IMA Artist Judges
- Wechter, Abraham. "Roman Miroshnichenko". abrahamwechter.com. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Galopin, Jerome. "Ovation Tribute , the Best Source for Ovation & Adamas guitars". www.ovationtribute.com. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- This Year’s Independent Music Award Winners Revealed American Songwriter magazine
- Roman Miroshnichenko: The Independent Music Awards Vox Pop Winner! an article on the All About Jazz
- 10th Annual Independent Music Awards Nominees Announced!
- 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition winners
- 10th Annual IAMA finalists
- ISC 2014 semi-finalists list
- ISC 2014 Winners
- ISC 2015 semi-finalists list
- UKSC 2016 winners
- 15th Annual Independent Music Awards Winners
- 15th Annual Independent Music Awards Winners
- 15th Annual Independent Music Awards Nominees
- ISC 2016 semi-finalists
- Larry Coryell: "Kudos to Roman for Temptation!"
- Review by David Hintz in FolkWorld Magazine
- Guitarist Roman Miroshnichenko Releases "Surreal"
- The Guitar Trio To Release Perfect Strangers