Roman Repilov (2018)
|Full name||Roman Alexandrovich Repilov|
|Born||5 March 1996 (age 22)|
Dmitrov, Moscow Oblast, Russia
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||90 kg (198 lb)|
Representing Russia at the 2015-16 Luge World Cup, Repilov placed second in the sprint event in Calgary with a time of 30.279. On December 2, 2016, he came in fifth in the Lake Placid event of the Men's Singles 2016-17 Luge World Cup, but set a new Lake Placid track start record of 6.359 seconds. Then later in the same season he triumphed in the men's singles event at Park City, Utah, came in second twice, in Winterberg, Germany and Sigulda, Latvia and won two men's singles sprint events in Park City and Sigulda.
During the 2017-18 Luge World Cup season Repilov triumphed at Lake Placid and in doing so shattered the track record which had just been set first by his teammate Semen Pavlichenko the previous day and then again by the American slider Tucker West in the previous heat of the finals, with a time of 50.875 seconds. Repilov was joined on the podium by Pavlichenko, who took the silver, and West, who took home the bronze. Also during the 2017–18 campaign he has won a silver at Altenberg and a bronze at Calgary.
World Cup Podiums
|2015–16||19 December 2015||Calgary, Canada||Singles||2nd|
|14 February 2016||Altenberg, Germany||Singles||2nd|
|2016–17||26 November 2016||Winterberg, Germany||Singles||2nd|
|16 December 2016||Park City, United States||Singles||1st|
|17 December 2016||Park City, United States||Singles (sprint)||2nd|
|15 January 2017||Sigulda, Latvia||Singles||2nd|
|15 January 2017||Sigulda, Latvia||Singles (sprint)||1st|
|4 February 2017||Oberhof||Singles||2nd|
|5 February 2017||Oberhof||Mixed Relay||2nd|
|26 February 2017||Altenberg, Germany||Singles||1st|
|26 February 2017||Altenberg, Germany||Mixed relay||3rd|
|2017–18||3 December 2017||Altenberg, Germany||Singles||2nd|
|9 December 2017||Calgary, Canada||Singles||3rd|
|16 December 2017||Lake Placid, United States||Singles||1st|
|21 January 2018||Lillehammer, Norway||Singles||2nd|
|28 January 2018||Sigulda, Latvia||Singles||3rd|
|28 January 2018||Sigulda, Latvia||Singles (sprint)||1st|
|2018–19||8 December 2018||Calgary, Canada||Singles||2nd|
- 1 title – (Men's singles)
- "News - Canadian Luge Association". luge.ca. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
- "Lake Placid's golden boy - LakePlacidNews.com - News and information on the Lake Placid and Essex County region of New York - Lake Placid News". www.LakePlacidNews.com. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "Luge World Cup victory never in doubt for Roman Repilov after breaking track record". Eurosport.com. 15 December 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- Reynolds, AP, Tim (15 December 2017). "Russians take gold, silver in luge at Lake Placid". Retrieved 18 December 2017 – via WashingtonPost.com.
- "Eggert and Benecken win another World Cup luge doubles race". WTOP.com. 2 December 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "Loch sets new track record in Calgary win". Eurosport.com. 9 December 2017. Retrieved 18 December 2017.
- "Roman Repilov - Player Profile - Luge - Eurosport British". eurosport.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-01-17.