|Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Tatarstan - Minister of Informatization and Communication of the Republic of Tatarstan|
|Assumed office |
May 28, 2012
|Preceded by||Nikolai Nikiforov|
|Alma mater||Kazan State University|
|Known for||moving Tatarstan regional & municipal executive government agency portals under CC-by|
Roman Shaykhutdinov (Russian: Рома́н Алекса́ндрович Шайхутди́нов) (born 28 August 1974 in Kazan) is a Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Tatarstan - Minister responsible for "promoting development of Innopolis project, as a Special Economic Zone, as a city & its University".
Early life and education
Born on August 28, 1974.
Graduated from the Kazan State University named after V.I.Ulyanov-Lenin major in “Jurisprudence” (1996), finished postgraduate study of the Legal faculty of the Kazan State University named after V.I.Ulyanov-Lenin major in “Jurisprudence” (2000), advanced training at the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration on the supplementary professional program "Management skill: development of regional teams" (2016). In 2017 have been trained in the joint program of Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO and Kazan (Volga) Federal University "Model of management of strategic projects of the Republic of Tatarstan". In 2018 he passed professional retraining in the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the program "Executive Master in Public Management". Speaks English.
Married, with three children.
1995-1997 – Specialist of I class of the Legal department of the RT Ministry of external economic relations
1997 – 1998 – Chief specialist of the Legal department of the RT Ministry of finance
1998 – 2000 – Chief of the Legal department of OOO “Teleset”
2000 – 2002 – Director general of OOO “Networks of telecommunication companies” (Moscow)
2002 - 2011 - Director general of OOO "Teleset"
2006 — 2011 — Chief operations officer of Teleset Networks
2006 — 2011 - Director general of OAO “TNKPO”
While in the capacity of Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Tatarstan - Minister of Information and Communication of the Republic of Tatarstan, Roman Shaykhutdinov has made a substantial contribution to the development of the information society and promotion of the Republic of Tatarstan as a leader in IT development. The following projects have been implemented and are developing in the Republic of Tatarstan under the leadership of Roman Shaykhutdinov.
In providing e-services and interagency electronic interaction: The number of services converted into electronic form grows by the year in Tatarstan. It went up from 86 in 2012 to 246 in 2017. The number of e-service delivery episodes went up from 7.000.000 in 2012 to over 100.000.000 in 2017. Nowadays, over 80% of Tatarstan residents have access to services in electronic form thereby saving more than 380.000 hours through electronic appointments and 38.000 hours through filing applications online. In 2017, the Republic of Tatarstan won first place in the prestigious international contest of the UN International Telecommunication Union by presenting a project on delivery of state and municipal services in electronic form to the jury.
Starting from 2012, Tatarstan has had a regional system of interdepartmental electronic interaction which has successfully operated in which all the bodies of state power and local government share the required information more than 1 million times per quarter. In 2012, a system called People's Control (Narodny kontrol) for considering acute issues was deployed and has functioned successfully so far. Ever since the system has operated, it has positively reviewed over 135.000 notices filed by citizens. Ever since the Public Inspector (Narodny Inspektor) system was launched in 2014, over 124.000 messages have been reviewed regarding violations of traffic rules.
In geoinformatics and space technologies: In 2013, Tatarstan was the first in Russia to pass the state acceptance tests of the Single-Number 112-call Interagency System. The system operates by combining the efforts of medical, fire, police and rescue teams in emergency situations. In the same year, the Regional Navigation and Information System of the Republic of Tatarstan was created. Over 11.000 vehicles are now connected to this system. In 2014, the System-112 was integrated with the federal state system of emergency response in case of accidents ERA-GLONASS. In case of traffic accidents, data from vehicles equipped with ERA-GLONASS sensors is automatically transmitted to the System-112 deployed in the Republic of Tatarstan. In 2017, the system was equipped with an automatic system locating a person calling the 112 number. This greatly helps locating a victim outside a populated place, and allows rescuers to come to his aid in less time.
In E-health: Starting from 2013, the Unified State Information System “Electronic Healthcare of the Republic of Tatarstan” has successfully operated. Within the system, every clinic in the Republic of Tatarstan had an electronic queue management terminal installed (a total of 325 terminals). One can also arrange a visit to a doctor through the Portal of Public and Municipal Services of the Republic of Tatarstan and through infomats “Electronic Tatarstan” and the mobile application “RT Services”. Within 2017, more than 14 million visits to doctors have been registered in electronic form. More than 500 large medical institution are connected to the Internet by fiber-optic communication lines and ADSL. It is planned to connect 214 institutions more in 2018. Together with the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tatarstan, the "Central Archive of Medical Images" module has been improved as of today. The archive stores more than 2 million digital researches. In 2017, a project engaged in giving out sick-lists in electronic form was launched in Tatarstan. In 2018, the project was put into commercial operation in all the medical institutions of the Republic.
In E-education and culture: The “E-education” system in the Republic of Tatarstan currently has more than one million users registered in it. The most popular services of the system are the Electronic Class-Book that all teachers in Tatarstan now use in their work, the Electronic School Diary that is viewed by parents and pupils for their marks over 100.000 thousand times per day, and the “School Card” needed to enter the school and to pay for meals in the school canteen. Moreover, teachers can be evaluated, have their skills improved and participate in professional competitions via this system. In informatization of culture, efforts have been made to unify all public libraries within the Single Information Space GIS “National Electronic Library of the Republic of Tatarstan”; a single library card has been introduced which allows people to get services in any public library in the Republic of Tatarstan. Today, over 300.000 readers have registered in the system with more than 770 library records contained in the Central Electronic Catalogue of Tatarstans’ libraries. Museums work to create a Single Catalogue of Museum Exhibits in the Republic of Tatarstan which will serve to arrange virtual exhibitions. A ticket system has been put in place in 10 theatres and 5 museums which allows selling tickets in electronic form, including via the Portal of State and Municiphal Services of the Republic of Tatarstan.
In communications and television: For three years, Tatarstan has been the leader in terms of the number of fixed access high-speed internet’s subscribers in the Volga Federal district amounting to more than one million users in the Republic of Tatarstan. The penetration rate of broadband Internet access in the Republic of Tatarstan has reached 76%. In 2017, a Federal project aimed at eliminating the digital inequality in the Russian regions was completed in Tatarstan. Residents of 676 settlements (with a population of 250 to 500 people) – that is about 250.000 people - can now use the broadband Internet access services via Wi-Fi. In addition, more than 11.000 households are connected to broadband Internet access via fiber-optic communication lines laid in 222 settlements. There are 6.500.000 mobile subscribers in Tatarstan. More than 14.000 base stations are operated in the Republic, providing 3G and 4G coverage. In 2017, the regional infrastructure company Interregional Infrastructure Group, LLC was founded in order to ensure a quality radio coverage of cellular communication in bottleneck areas with low cost effectiveness for the mobile network operators. In 2018, a pilot area of the fifth generation 5G network was launched in the city of high technologies Innopolis. In Tatarstan, 56% of households have cable TV, 26% of them have satellite TV and 13% of families are connected to IP TV. Taking into account the development of modern technologies, the over-the-air broadcasting network is also making progress. It was in Kazan that over-the-air DVB T2-standard digital broadcasting was launched for the first time in Russia on March 1, 2012, and on June 25, 2013, Kazan went on to become the first city in the Russian Federation to launch the second multiplex. Today, the Republic is working to equip multi-apartment buildings with networks of communal over-the-air television network allowing to receive TV channels in digital format free of charge. In Tatarstan, the work on transferring overhead communication lines underground is in progress. The work is aimed at improving the reliability of communication, ensuring the physical integrity of wires, protecting information, improving the outer look of streets and, as a result, improving the quality of life of residents in the Republic of Tatarstan. More than 2.000 km of overhead lines have been dismantled as of now; the remaining 1.600 km are to be laid under the ground within the next five years. 9 cities with a population of more than 50.000 people are involved in this project, to name: Kazan, Naberezhnye Chelny, Nizhnekamsk, Zelenodolsk, Bugulma, Almetyevsk, Yelabuga, Leninogorsk, Chistopol.
In innovation development: The technopark in the field of high technologies "IT-Park" - located on two sites –Kazan and Naberezhnye Chelny, was among the best technoparks in the country according to the national rating of Russian technoparks in 2017. More than 200 (software) developments of IT Park residents are included in the Russian register of import substitution, which sums up to be 85% of all the solutions deriving from Tatarstan. The start-up ecosystem in IT has been expanding with more than 700 million rubles raised for start-ups of the Russian largest business incubator. A new city for IT-professionals called Innopolis has been built in the Verkhneuslonsky District of the Republic of Tatarstan. Now there are over 3.500 people in Innopolis on a daily basis. 150 companies have been registered there of which 75 are residents and partners of the SEZ Innopolis. All the basic infrastructure is present: 16 residential buildings, a kindergarten, a school, an IT-lyceum, medical and sports centers. A post office, banks, a supermarket, a beauty salon, a car wash, a cafe, a bar and other household organizations also operate in the city. Russia's first Innopolis University for the IT-industry has been established to specialize in education and in scientific research in the field of modern information technologies. Its main purpose is to train highly qualified IT-specialists as well as to develop and commercialize disruptive technologies to take the domestic IT-industry to a qualitatively new level.
In training qualified human resources: In order to develop the IT industry, the industry-specific education has to evolve. Today, Tatarstan is implementing the IT cluster educational projects of the Republic in the field of secondary, additional, professional and higher education. The Inter-regional Center of Competence in the field of Information and Communication Technologies has been founded as part of the Kazan Technical School of Information Technologies and Communications under the authority of the Ministry of Informatization and Communication of the Republic of Tatarstan. There is a training site for the preparation of the WorldSkills national team in IT competencies, as well as a training center, which takes part in developing Federal State Educational Standards (FSES) for vocational secondary education. The Ministry of Informatization and Communication of the Republic of Tatarstan actively supports the professional excellence international movement WorldSkills which secures the team of the Republic of Tatarstan top places in IT competences in championships of both Russian and international level. In 2017, Innopolis hosted the first ever DigitalSkills IT championship-among young professionals under the age of 28 years. It was attended by 120 participants and 118 experts - employees of small, medium and large businesses in the field, students of secondary and higher education. Much work is under way in the Olympiad movement; the Ministry of Informatization and Communication is the direct organizer of the annual Russian Robot Olympiad.
Honours and awards
- Awarded with the Honorary diploma of RT Ministry of communications (2003)
- Laureate of the Russian contest "Manager of the Year" (2004)
- Winner of the contest of RT Ministry of communications "Best manager in the industry - 2004" in nomination "By rates of growth of installed wire capacity"
- The nominee of competition of the Republic of Tatarstan "the Head of the year" (2005)
- Medal “In memory of 1000th anniversary of Kazan” (2005)
- Honorary title of the RF Ministry of communications “Master of communication” (2010)
- Medal of the order "For merits before Fatherland" II degree (14 Jan 2014)
- Medal "For strengthening of state information security system" (2014)
- Commemorative medal "The XXII Olympic winter games and XI Paralympic winter games of 2014 in Sochi"
- Commemorative medal "20 years of social partnership in the communications industry" "For active participation in trade Union activities and the fruitful cooperation with the Union in the framework of the partnership"
- Gratitude of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan for his great contribution to preparation and holding in Kazan XVI championship in water sports 2015 and XVI championship in water sports in the category "masters"
- Commemorative medal "The XVI world championship in water sports 2015 in Kazan"
- Gratitude of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan for his active participation in the implementation of projects to promote a positive image of the Republic of Tatarstan in the Russian Federation (2016)
- Gratitude of the Minister of communications and mass media of the Russian Federation "For contribution to successful elections of the President of the Russian Federation on March 18, 2018, in terms of ensuring the smooth operation of the communication infrastructure used for the operation of the gas "Elections", video broadcasts of voting procedures and the implementation of mobile voter opportunities (2018)
- Letter of appreciation from the Federal state unitary enterprise "Post of Russia" for assistance in the construction of the logistics post center in Kazan (2018)
- Honorary title "Honored worker of Informatization and communication industry of the Republic of Tatarstan" (2018).
- "Главные сайты Татарстана перешли на свободную лицензию" [Tatarstan's main websites switched to free license] (in Russian). Wikinews. 2 September 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Главные сайты Татарстана перешли на свободную лицензию" [Tatarstan's main websites switched to free license] (in Russian). Ministry of Informatization and Communication of the Republic of Tatarstan. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Fatkullin, Farkhad (28 August 2018). "fallout from 2018 Wikimedian of the Year announcement". [Wikimedia-l] (Mailing list).
- "Экс-министр информатизации и связи Роман Шайхутдинов стал вице-премьером Татарстана" [Tatarstan's ex-minister for ICT named a Vice-Prime Minister] (in Russian). Tatar-inform.ru. 5 June 2019. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- "Роман Шайхутдинов назначен вице-премьером Татарстана, курирующим развитие Иннополиса" [Roman Shaykhutdinov named Tatarstan Vice-Premier responsible for development of Innopolis] (in Russian). TASS.ru. 5 June 2019. Retrieved 11 August 2019.
- Distinguished KFU graduates "Выдающиеся выпускники КФУ" [Distinguished graduates of Kazan Federal University] (in Russian). Kazan Federal University. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Шайхутдинов Роман Александрович - биография" [Roman A. Shaykhutdinov – biography] (in Russian). PeopleLife.ru. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Минвалеев, Арслан (22 May 2012). "Ху из мистер Роман Шайхутдинов?" [Who is Mr. Roman Shaykhutdinov?] (in Russian). деловая газета «Бизнес-Онлайн». Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Михаил Иванов (8 August 2011). "Роман Шайхутдинов назначен директором филиала «Ростелекома» в республике Татарстан" [Roman Shaykhutdinov is named Director of Rostelecom branch in the Republic of Tatarstan] (in Russian). http://www.cnews.ru/. Retrieved 18 December 2018. External link in
- Republic of Tatarstan Presidential Decree N УП-391 President of the Republic of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov (28 May 2012). "Указ Президента Республики Татарстан N УП-391 о назначении Шайхутдинова Р.А. заместителем Премьер-министра Республики Татарстан – министром информатизации и связи Республики Татарстан" [Republic of Tatarstan Presidential Decree No. УП-391 on naming Roman A. Shaykhutdinov Deputy Prime-minister of the Republic of Tatarstan - Minister for Informatization and Communications] (in Russian). http://www.zakonprost.ru/. Retrieved 18 December 2018. External link in
- Kondreva, Olga (28 May 2012). "В Татарстане назначен министр информатизации и связи" [Minister of informatization and communications named in Tatarstan] (in Russian). Rossiyskaya Gazeta. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Президент РТ поблагодарил приглашенных на торжественную церемонию за вклад в развитие республики и страны" [Republic of Tatarstan President thanked participants of the ceremonial gathering for contribution into regional and national development] (in Russian). Tatar-Inform Agency. 29 August 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Official website of Ministry of Informatization and Communication of the Republic of Tatarstan
- Official website of Innopolis
- Roman Shaykhutdinov on Twitter
- Roman Shaykhutdinov on Instagram