Shishkin in 2017
|Full name||Roman Aleksandrovich Shishkin|
|Date of birth||27 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Voronezh, USSR|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|PFC Krylia Sovetov Samara|
|1997–2001||FC Fakel Voronezh|
|2001–2004||FC Spartak Moscow|
|2004–2010||FC Spartak Moscow||54||(1)|
|2009||→ FC Krylia Sovetov Samara (loan)||25||(0)|
|2010–2017||FC Lokomotiv Moscow||153||(5)|
|2017||→ FC Krasnodar (loan)||6||(0)|
|2018||→ FC Krasnodar-2||2||(0)|
|2019–||→ PFC Krylia Sovetov Samara (loan)||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 November 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21 June 2017
Roman Aleksandrovich Shishkin (Russian: Роман Александрович Шишкин; born 27 January 1987) is a Russian association footballer who plays as a right-back for PFC Krylia Sovetov Samara on loan from FC Krasnodar in Russian Premier League.
Shishkin graduated from local football school and at age 15 secured his first professional contract with FC Fakel. After some time with Fakel he moved to Spartak Moscow.
He made his professional debut for Spartak in 2004 when Nevio Scala started fielding a lot of young players. Roman eventually lost his position in the first team. In 2006 when Fedotov was appointed as a manager, Shishkin became a first team regular. Shishkin played as a right fullback.
On 12 September 2006, Shishkin made his European debut after he came in as a substitute in the UEFA Champions League match against Bayern Munich. At the end of 2006 UEFA named Shishkin among Europe's eight most prospective footballers and described him as having a good shot from distance and being useful from set-pieces
Shiskin was invited by Guus Hiddink to participate in the national team training sessions. His debut for the national team took place on 24 March 2007 as he played the whole match during Russia's 2–0 victory over Estonia.
After a few years' absence from the squad, Shishkin forced his way back into contention following some good performances for Lokomotiv Moscow, and he would play a part in Russia's successful qualifying campaign for Euro 2012. He was named in Dick Advocaat's provisional squad for the tournament itself, but had to withdraw due to a stomach ailment.
Shishkin did not appear for the national team again until late 2015, when he featured in friendlies against Portugal and Croatia. He was then included by Leonid Slutsky in the Russian squad for Euro 2016.
- As of 13 May 2018
|FC Spartak Moscow||2003||Russian Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||–||0||0|
|FC Krylia Sovetov Samara||2009||25||0||1||0||2||0||–||28||0|
|FC Spartak Moscow||2010||0||0||0||0||–||–||0||0|
|Total (2 spells)||54||1||11||0||25||0||1||0||91||1|
|FC Lokomotiv Moscow||2010||Russian Premier League||15||0||0||0||2||0||–||17||0|
|FC Krasnodar||2016–17||Russian Premier League||6||0||1||0||0||0||–||7||0|
- As of 17 November 2015
- Best Young Player of Russian Premier League (1): 2006
- List of 33 top players of the Russian league (3): #3 (2006), #3 (2011/12), #2 (2013/14)
- Lokomotiv Moscow
- Igor Rabiner (2 February 2007). "Interview with Roman Shishkin" (in Russian). Sport-Express. Archived from the original on 31 March 2007. Retrieved 25 March 2007.
- UEFA (29 December 2006). "Teenage kicks". Archived from the original on 2 January 2007. Retrieved 23 January 2007.
- Гилерме – капитан «Локомотива» (in Russian). FC Lokomotiv Moscow. 12 February 2013.
- ЦВЕТА «КРАСНОДАРА» БУДЕТ ЗАЩИЩАТЬ РОМАН ШИШКИН (in Russian). FC Krasnodar. 28 January 2017.
- В «КРАСНОДАР» ВЕРНУЛСЯ РОМАН ШИШКИН (in Russian). FC Krasnodar. 3 July 2017.
- ""Крылья Советов" арендовали у "Краснодара" Романа Шишкина" [Krylia Sovetov loaned Roman Shishkin from Krasnodar] (in Russian). PFC Krylia Sovetov Samara. 13 January 2019.
- UEFA (24 March 2007). "Match report". Archived from the original on 1 June 2007. Retrieved 24 March 2007.
- Roman Shishkin at National-Football-Teams.com