||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Roman Sikora (born 3 July 1970 in Třinec) is a contemporary Czech playwright and journalist. He grew up in the town of Třinec in eastern Czech Republic where he worked in the local steel plant, Třinec Iron and Steel Works before moving to Brno. Here he went on to graduate from the Drama Department of Brno's renowned Janáček's Academy of Performing Arts (JAMU), his field of study being drama literary management. He later worked as the night receptionist in the Municipal Theatre in Brno where he continued in his efforts to move closer to the practice of theatre operations. He was a member of the editorial board of the former internet theatrical magazine of eternal fury YORICK and the author of essays and reviews published in the same periodical. He currently lives in Prague working as an editor for the 'Literární noviny', Prague's cultural/political journal as well as working as a theatrical editor for the internet server Tiscali.cz.
His play 'Smetení Antigony' (The Detritus of Antigone) was awarded the second prize in the Alfréd Radok Foundation competition for original drama in 1997. Some of his plays have been translated into other languages, mainly German, French, Hungarian and Slovene.
- Kočka na mráčku (1994), (The Cat on the Cloud)
- Sodomagomora! (1995), (Sodomgomorrah)
- Černá noc (1996), (Black Night)
- Tank (1996), (The Tank)
- Vlci (1997), (Wolves)
- Smetení Antigony (1997), (The Detritus of Antigone)
- Krásná hra s jarními květy (1997), (The Beautiful Play with Spring Flowers)
- Sibir (1997)
- Nehybnost (1998), (Immobility)
- Opory společnosti (2000), (Pillars of Society)
- Včera to spustili (2002)
- Jitro kouzelníků (2003)
- Největší básník (2004)
- Kolchida (2006)
- "The Detritus of Antigone by Roman Sikora - An Endeavour at Post-modern Tragedy?". masaryk university czech republic. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- "Sikora. A Small Personal Marketing Epic". east silver. Retrieved 2010-07-17.