|Full name||Roman Týce|
|Date of birth||7 May 1977|
|Place of birth||Roudnice nad Labem, Czechoslovakia|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defender, Midfielder|
|1998–2007||TSV 1860 München||137||(7)|
|1996–2000||Czech Republic U21||26||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Roman Týce (born 7 May 1977) is a Czech former football player. He played club football in the Czech Republic and Germany, as a defender and defensive midfielder. Týce played internationally for the Czech Republic at Euro 2004.
Týce made his debut for Sparta Prague at the age of 17. He later played for Liberec before heading to Germany. In Germany he signed for 1860 Munich, becoming club captain. Týce suffered a knee injury in 2002, leaving the Bundesliga game against Wolfsburg after having scored a goal. He was later diagnosed with torn ligaments in his right knee. He suffered a similar injury in 2006 with his left knee. Týce left 1860 Munich in 2007, joining compatriot and former teammate Michal Kolomazník at SpVgg Unterhaching.
Týce was involved in the Czech Republic's participation in the 2000 Summer Olympics tournament as captain. Before the tournament he stated his desire for his country to win a medal in the competition. The team was unsuccessful however, being eliminated at the group stage without winning a match.
Style of play
Týce was born to father Marcel and mother Alena. He lived in the village of Černiv and went to primary school in the town of Libochovice until moving to Prague to become involved with Sparta Prague at the age of 13.
|Czech Republic national team|
- "Tyce, Roman" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- "Místo fotbalu ho odveleli do lázní". Mladá fronta DNES (in Czech). 23 June 2004. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Hvězdy na Bazalech: Kariéru univerzála zničily zdravotní problémy". Deník (in Czech). 29 May 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Týce přišel kvůli natrženému svalu o zuby". Mladá fronta DNES (in Czech). 26 February 2002. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Kapitán Týce: Můžeme hrát o medaile". Mladá fronta DNES (in Czech). 11 August 2000. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Čeští fotbalisté jsou už vyřazeni". Mladá fronta DNES (in Czech). 19 September 2000. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Týce: vítěz, kterého v cíli málem přehlédli". Mladá fronta DNES (in Czech). 23 June 2004. Retrieved 29 April 2014.