From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Români (disambiguation).
|Look up Romani, romani, or romaní in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Romani may refer to:
Not to be confused with Romanians, an unrelated ethnic group.
- Romani or Roma people, an ethnic group of Northern Indian origin; now living dispersed in Europe, the Americas and Asia
- Romani language, any of several Indo-Aryan languages of the Romani people
- Romani society and culture
- Romani cuisine
- The Latin term for the ancient Romans, see Roman citizenship
- The Italian term for inhabitants of Rome
- The Romanian term for Romanians (citizens of Romania), officially written with diacritic â (an upper arrow on top of a) as Români, but many times written just as Romani, without diacritics. Because of these name similarities, many Romanians are discriminated in Western Europe, mistakenly being considered part of the Roma People.
- Castelli Romani, a group of communes in the province of Rome, Italy
- A surname:
- A given name:
- Romani Rose, chairman of the Central Council of German Sinti and Roma
- A soubriquet:
- Romani (adventurer), involved in the Affair of the Poisons
- In popular culture:
- Romani, a character in the video game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Ludi Romani, a religious festival in ancient Rome
- Romani (grape), another name for the Italian wine grape Trebbiano
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Romani.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.