Romania at the 1968 Summer Olympics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Romania at the
1968 Summer Olympics
(RUM used at these Games)
|NOC||Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee|
|in Mexico City|
|Competitors||82 in 9 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Viorica Viscopoleanu — Athletics, Women's Long Jump
- Lia Manoliu — Athletics, Women's Discus Throw
- Serghei Covaliov and Ivan Patzaichin — Canoeing, Men's C2 1000m Canadian Pairs
- Ion Drîmbă — Fencing, Men's Foil Individual
- Ileana Silai — Athletics, Women's 800 metres
- Mihaela Peneș — Athletics, Women's Javelin Throw
- Ion Monea — Boxing, Men's Light Heavyweight
- Anton Calenic, Dimitrie Ivanov, Haralambie Ivanov, and Mihai Ţurcaş — Canoeing, Men's K4 1000m Kayak Fours
- Marcel Rosca — Shooting, Men's Rapid-Fire Pistol
- Ion Baciu — Wrestling, Men's Greco-Roman Bantamweight
- Calistrat Cuţov — Boxing, Men's Lightweight
- Viorica Dumitru — Canoeing, Women's K1 500m Kayak Singles
- Ileana Gyulai-Drimba, Ana Pascu-Ene-Dersidan, Ecaterina Stahl-Iencic, Olga Szabo-Orban and Maria Vicol — Fencing, Women's Foil Team
- Simion Popescu — Wrestling, Men's Featherweight
- Nicolae Martinescu — Wrestling, Men's Greco-Roman Light Heavyweight
One cyclist represented Romania in 1968.
Ten fencers, five men and five women, represented Romania in 1968.
- Ecaterina Stahl-Iencic, Ileana Gyulai-Drîmbă-Jenei, Olga Orban-Szabo, Ana Derșidan-Ene-Pascu, Maria Vicol
Twelve shooters, all men, represented Romania in 1968. Marcel Roşca won silver in the 25 m pistol.
- "Romania at the 1968 Mexico City Summer Games". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
|This 1968 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about sports in Romania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|