Romanian general election, 1931
General elections were held in Romania in June 1931. The Chamber of Deputies was elected on 1 June, whilst the Senate was elected in three stages on 4, 6 and 8 June. The result was a victory for the governing National Union, an alliance of the National Party, the National Liberal Party, the German Party, the Agrarian Union Party, the Vlad Ţepeş League, the Agrarian League and several other parties. The Union won 289 of the 387 seats in the Chamber of Deputies and 108 of the 113 seats in the Senate elected through universal vote.
|National Peasants' Party||438,747||15.4||30||–296||1||–104|
|National Liberal Party-Brătianu||173,586||6.1||12||New||0||New|
|National-Christian Defense League||113,863||4.0||8||+8||0||0|
|Social Democratic Party||94,957||3.3||6||–3||0||0|
|League against Usury–PTD-Stere[b]||80,570||2.8||6||New||0||New|
|Peasant Workers' Bloc||73,716||2.6||5||+5||0||0|
|Legion of the Archangel Michael||30,783||1.1||0||New||0||New|
|Source: Sternberger et al., Nohlen & Stöver|
- a Of the National Union deputy seats, eighty were taken by the National Liberal Party-Duca, ten by the German Party and eight by the Agrarian League.
- b Of the six seats won by the League against Usury and Democratic Peasants' Party–Stere, five were taken by the PTD-S and one by the League against Usury.
- Nohlen, D & Stöver, P (2010) Elections in Europe: A data handbook, p1591 ISBN 978-3-8329-5609-7
- Nohlen & Stöver, p1601
- Nohlen & Stöver, p1610-1611
- Dolf Sternberger, Bernhard Vogel, Dieter Nohlen & Klaus Landfried (1978) Die Wahl der Parlamente: Band I: Europa, Zweiter Halbband, pp1062–1064
- Adevărul no. 14552 (1 June 1931), p. 5
- Nohlen & Stöver, p1610