|Created by||Ronald Chesney
& Ronald Wolfe
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||4|
|No. of episodes||27|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original network||London Weekend Television|
|Original release||15 February 1972– 11 July 1975|
Romany Jones is a British sitcom made by LWT, It starred Arthur Mullard and Queenie Watts as Wally and Lily Briggs and was broadcast between 1973 and 1975, The show was originally designed as a vehicle for James Beck (Private Walker in Dad's Army), involving the comic misadventures of two layabout families living on a caravan site.
Following Beck's death in August 1973 when he was only 44, Bert and Betty Jones were written out of the series, and Jonathan Cecil and Gay Soper took over the lead roles, playing new neighbours, Jeremy and Susan Crichton-Jones.
The show had a pilot broadcast in 1972 and was followed by a spin-off sequel in 1976 entitled Yus, My Dear, starring Mullard and Watts.
- Arthur Mullard - Wally Briggs
- Queenie Watts - Lily Briggs
- James Beck - Bert Jones (series 1 and 2)
- Jo Rowbottom - Betty Jones (series 1 and 2)
- Kevin Brennan - Mr Gibson (series 1 and 2)
- Jonathan Cecil - Jeremy Crichton-Jones (series 3 and 4)
- Gay Soper - Susan Crichton-Jones (series 3 and 4)
- Chris Boucher, later to write extensively for science fiction shows including Doctor Who, Blake's 7 and Star Cops, wrote the episode "Run Rabbit Run".
- Arthur English played Wally Briggs in the pilot episode.
- Mullard and Watts reprised their roles as Wally and Lily in Holiday on the Buses.
|The Complete Series 1||6 June 2011|
|The Complete Series 2||23 January 2012|
|The Complete Series 3||8 April 2013|
|The Complete Series 4||20 January 2014|
|The Complete Series 1 to 4 Box Set||TBA|