Roman Rene Ramirez
June 11, 1988
Fremont, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Taylor Faye Ramirez|
Roman René Ramírez (born June 11, 1988), better known as Rome Ramirez or simply Rome, is an American singer and guitarist best known for playing with Eric Wilson from Sublime in the band Sublime with Rome.
Ramirez was born and raised in Fremont, California. Both of his parents are of Mexican heritage, his mother being from Guadalajara and his father's parents from Tijuana, but his father relocated the family to Oakland. He first started playing guitar at age 11, and one of the first songs he learned was a Sublime song.
At 18, Ramirez headed to Los Angeles to focus full-time on music. There, he was introduced to one of his idols, Eric Wilson, bassist for Sublime. They became friends and started jamming together at Eric's infamous holiday parties in Long Beach. Within the year, the plan to bring back Sublime had been set into motion.
Sublime With Rome
In 2008, Rome collaborated with Eric Wilson on a RAWsession video (also at 17th Street Recording Studio) where he played Sublime songs such as "Saw Red" and "Boss DJ", and eventually began to play with the band's two surviving members, Eric and Bud Gaugh.
The trio then went on tour together playing covers of original Sublime material. Sublime with Rome made its debut in 2009 at Cypress Hill's Smoke Out Festival in San Bernardino, California. Ramirez was soon touring steadily with Sublime with Rome, and the trio released their debut album Yours Truly on July 12, 2011. Shortly after, Gaugh left the band and Josh Freese stepped in to play drums. In 2015, they released another album, Sirens. Freese left in 2017 to tour with Sting, and Carlos Verdugo of Tribal Seeds joined the band. They then released a new album in 2019 with producer Rob Cavallo.
Songwriting and Producing
Rome co-wrote the song "Lay Me Down" with The Dirty Heads and has collaborated with the band on several albums including Sounds of Change, Dirty Heads, Dessert EP and Swim Team. Rome also worked extensively with Enrique Iglesias on his 10th studio album.
Rome's promotional solo single, "Dedication," was premiered on the Rolling Stone website May 30, 2012. "The song's about loving someone who is struggling with getting their life together and eventually having to move on," says Rome. "It's probably some of the most personal stuff I've put in a song. Sometimes all you need is the right people to pull the best out of you, and that's what I feel happened with the three of us. The right individuals, at the right place and time." His debut solo EP was released on June 12, 2012.
- According to Family Tree Legends, a "Roman Rene Ramirez" was born June 11, 1988 in Alameda County (Oakland). Coincidence? 
- "Rome Ramirez's Official Facebook profile". facebook.com. Retrieved April 6, 2010.
- The band "Sublime with Rome" suggests he is commonly called Rome.
- Sublime To Reunite For Cypress Hill's Smokeout Fest. Last accessed September 1, 2009.
- A 2009 post on a MySpace Blog Archived October 26, 2009, at Wikiwix says is 21 years old and is from Northern California.
- "Dirty Heads and Sublime with Rome talk new music and curating the inaugural High and Mighty fest in Garden Grove". July 27, 2017.
- Rome Ramirez Talks About Sublime Reunion | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
- Sublime With Rome Finish New Album | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
- Blistein, Jon (May 30, 2012). "Song Premiere: Rome, 'Dedication'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Interview with Rome Ramirez of Sublime with Rome, NerdSociety.com, April 24, 2010.
- Interview with Sublime with Rome, Hearing The Voice, June 11, 2011.