|Village of Romeoville|
The Ville or ChicagoVille
Where Community Matters!
|• Mayor||John Noak|
|• Total||18.76 sq mi (48.6 km2)|
|• Land||18.44 sq mi (47.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.32 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||630 ft (190 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||2,151.82/sq mi (830.82/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||815/779 and 630/331|
|GNIS feature ID||2399114|
Romeoville is a village in Will County, Illinois, United States. The village is located 26 mi (42 km) southwest of Chicago and is a Chicago Suburb. The population was 39,793 based on US Census Bureau 2015 projections. It is located in the southwest suburban area of Chicago near (I-55) and I-355.
According to the 2010 census, Romeoville has a total area of 18.759 square miles (48.59 km2), of which 18.44 square miles (47.76 km2) (or 98.3%) is land and 0.319 square miles (0.83 km2) (or 1.7%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Romeoville is a community of 39,793 people. There are 11,777 households in Romeoville with 8,974 of them being families. The median household income is $71,344.
The population of Romeoville identifies in the following way:
47.4% as White (non-Hispanic or Latino)
32.6% as Hispanic or Latino
11.6% as African American
6.5% as Asian
1.6% as two or more races
0.3% as some other race
The media age of Romeoville is 32.5. Detailed age breakdowns are as follows:
<1-14 = 22.8%
15-24 = 17.7%
25-34 = 13.0%
35-44 = 15.2%
45-54 = 14.9%
55-64 = 7.4%
65+ = 9.0%
Romeoville is home to over 600 businesses. In 2013, the village won a Gold Medal from the International Economic Development Council and Atlas Integrated in the High Performance Economic Development category. They earned the award by creating 1,560 jobs during 2012/2013, which was the most for a town with a population between 25,001 to 100,000.
According to the village website, the top employers in the village are:
|#||Employer||# of Employees|
|2||Valley View School District 365U||1,300|
|4||PDV Midwest Refining CITGO||803|
|9||Magid Glove and Safety||529|
Other major employers include Kehe Foods, FedEx Ground, and the Village of Romeoville.
Romeoville residents attend the following schools:
- Valley View Early Childhood Center
- Beverly Skoff Elementary School
- Irene King Elementary School
- Kenneth L. Hermansen Elementary School
- Robert C. Hill Elementary School
- A. Vito Martinez Middle School
- John J. Lukancic Middle School
- Romeoville High School
- St. Andrew the Apostle School
- Eichelberger Elementary School
- Creekside Elementary School
- Lakewood Falls Elementary School
- John F Kennedy Middle School
- Indian Trails Middle School
- Plainfield East High School
- Joliet Junior College - Romeoville Campus
- Rasmussen College - Romeoville Campus
- Lewis University - Main Campus
- Metra station on the Heritage Corridor line.
- Lewis University Airport for basic aircraft to Boeing Business class.
- Pace bus route 834.
Major highways in Romeoville include:
- Gerald Coleman, played goalie for the Lake Erie Monsters and Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Egotistico Fantastico, pro wrestler
- Oliver Gibson, DT, played with the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Byron Stingily, OT, played with the Tennessee Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Dakota Vostry, Professional Bowler in the Professional Bowling Association.
- "USGS detail on Newtown". Retrieved 2007-10-21.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Village of Romeoville
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.