|Senator from Roraima|
Assumed office |
February 1, 1995
|President of the Brazilian Democratic Movement|
Assumed office |
April 5, 2016
|Preceded by||Michel Temer|
|Minister of Planning, Budget and Management|
May 12, 2016 – May 23, 2016
|Preceded by||Valdir Simão|
|Succeeded by||Dyogo Oliveira|
|Minister of Social Security|
March 22, 2005 – July 21, 2005
|President||Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva|
|Preceded by||Amir Lando|
|Succeeded by||Nelson Machado|
|1st Governor of Roraima|
September 15, 1988 – December 31, 1991
|Preceded by||Roberto Pinheiro Klein|
|Succeeded by||Ottomar Pinto|
November 30, 1954|
Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
MDB (1979–1980) |
1st: Germana de Holanda Menezes (div.) |
2nd: Teresa Jucá (div.)
Romero Jucá Filho (Brazilian Portuguese: [ʁõˈmɛɾw ʒuˈka]; born November 30, 1954) is a Brazilian politician and economist. He has represented Roraima in the Federal Senate since 1995. Previously, he was governor of Roraima from 1988 to 1990. He is a member of MDB. On 5 April, 2016, he became the president of the MDB, succeeding Michel Temer.
On May 23, 2016, a secret recording emerged of minister Jucá, who is under investigation in the multibillion-dollar kickback scheme at state oil company Petrobras, discussing a purported pact to stall a huge corruption probe that has engulfed much of the nation. The secret tape also revealed him plotting to topple President Rousseff. After the newspaper O Globo, highly critical of Rousseff, posted an editorial urging the interim president to fire his right-hand man, Temer accepted the temporary departure of his minister.
- Romero Jucá: Índio não vota. A barriga morreu!: o genocídio dos Yanomami. Luigi Eusebi, 1991, Edições Loyola, páginas 44-46.
- "Cable: 05BRASILIA792_a". wikileaks.org. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- "Senador Romero Juca". Federal Senate. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- "Novo presidente do PMDB, Jucá rebate Renan e diz que pedir novas eleições é golpe - Zero Hora". zh.clicrbs.com.br. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Brazil Interim Gov't Under Fire in Wake of Leaked Recording by ABC News (2016)
- Secret tape reveals plot to topple President Rousseff, The Guardian, (23 May 2016)
- New Political Earthquake in Brazil: Is It Now Time for Media Outlets to Call This a “Coup”?, Glenn Greenwald, The Intercept (23 May 2016)
- "Brazil leaked tape forces minister Romero Juca out". Ivan Watson, CNN (2016)
- "Brazil Interim Gov't Under Fire in Wake of Leaked Recording" Archived 2016-06-01 at the Wayback Machine.. "THE ASSOCIATED PRESSMAN", The New York Times (2016)
| Minister of Planning, Budget and Management
Dyogo Henrique de Oliveira
| Minister of Social Security
Roberto Pinheiro Klen
| Governor of Roraima
|Party political offices|
| President of Brazilian Democratic Movement
|This article about a Brazilian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|