|Born||Jonathan Romesh Ranganathan
30 January 1978
Crawley, West Sussex, England
Jonathan Romesh Ranganathan (born 30 January 1978) is a British stand-up comedian and actor who has appeared on Mock the Week, Holby City, Soccer AM, Russell Howard's Good News, Sweat the Small Stuff, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Taskmaster, QI, The Last Leg and Virtually Famous. He was nominated for Best Newcomer at the 2013 Edinburgh Comedy Awards. He is currently a regular on Play to the Whistle and Stand Up for the Week.
Romesh is married and a father of three. Romesh’s wife, Lisa, was admitted to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary during The Edinburgh Fringe Festival where Romesh was appearing and gave birth to their son Charlie.
Prior to his comedy career, he was a freestyle rapper under rap name "Ranga" and once reached the finals of the UK freestyle competition.
As mentioned on a 2013 episode of Live at the Apollo (series 9) in which he featured, Ranganathan started performing as a comedian whilst a mathematics teacher at Hazelwick School in Crawley, and The Beacon School in Surrey, Banstead.
In January 2015 he appeared on 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. Despite being a former Maths teacher he failed to score points in either numbers round despite other contestants getting the target on both occasions.
- England & Wales births 1837-2006
- Romesh Ranganathan at the Internet Movie Database
- "Comedy awards shortlist unveiled". independent.ie. 21 August 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Stand Up For The Week announces new line-up". British Comedy Guide. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Comic Romesh celebrates success and birth of a son". Crawley Observer. 3 October 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "The Spotlight on ... Romesh Ranganathan". londonisfunny.com. 11 November 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- Live at the Apollo at BBC Programmes
- Newsjack at BBC Programmes
- Edinburgh Comedy Fest Live 2014, Part 2 at BBC Programmes
- "8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown". Channel 4.