This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article or section contains close paraphrasing of one or more non-free copyrighted sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Romolo Valentino Benedetto Nati
|Education||Sapienza-Università di Roma|
|Occupation||Executive Chairman and CEO of Italpinas Development Corporation |
Vice Chairman of Constellation Energy Corporation Chairman of Damiani Property Management and Services, Inc.
|Known for||Best Mixed-use Development in the Philippines, Asia Pacific Property Awards|
One of the Philippines’ New Business Leaders
One of the Best Condo Development in the Philippines, “Primavera Residences”
Romolo Valentino Benedetto Nati, (born February 14, 1968) known as Romolo Nati or RVN, is a multi-awarded Italian architect and businessman with interest in sustainable development (energy and real estate). He graduated “summa cum laude” in architecture at “La Sapienza” University of Rome and he holds an Executive MBA from Asian Institute of Management (AIM) an international management school established in partnership with Harvard Business School and considered as the best in terms of executive education in the Asia-Pacific region by Asiaweek magazine (a TIME publication).
He is the current Executive Chairman and CEO of Italpinas Development Corporation (IDC), an Italian-Filipino real estate development firm which held its initial public offering (IPO) on Monday, December 7, 2015 that specializes in the design and development of sustainable buildings. He is the Vice Chairman of the Philippine renewable energy company Constellation Energy Corporation (CEC). Nati is also the Chairman of IDC’s official leasing company Damiani Property Management and Services, Inc.
Italpinas Development Corporation
In 2007, he visited the Philippines to introduce green architecture as a realistic approach to development that could be applied in the South East Asian setting. He was then introduced to Atty. Jojo D. Leviste, III, a Sydney-based Filipino lawyer and in 2009, the two teamed up and founded Italpinas Euroasian Design and Eco-development Corporation (ITPI), later on renamed Italpinas Development Corporation (IDC), with him as Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Leviste as President.
The company’s first project is Primavera Residences in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines which consists of a twin tower mixed-use building/condominium development situated inside Pueblo de Oro Business Park.
Just recently, IDC earned a spot as part of the elite nominees of Asia CEO Awards 2018. Asia CEO Awards is the largest business awards event in the Philippines and Southeast Asia. One of the award categories is the SME Company of the Year. It is open to any Profit-Making Company that achieved important success.  Moreover, Architect Romolo Valentino Nati, himself, was also nominated among a total of nine nominees for the JLL Expatriate Executive of the Year award from Asia CEO Awards 2018. The JLL Expatriate Executive of the Year award is open to any non-Filipino who achieved measurable success while overseeing a business enterprise within the Philippines.
Constellation Energy Corporation
Also founded in 2009, Romolo is Vice Chairman of Constellation Energy Corporation (CEC), a renewable energy company that focuses in acquiring, financing and developing small to medium-scale renewable energy projects across the Philippines.
Damiani Property Management and Services, Inc.
Romolo V. Nati is also the Chairman of Damiani Property Management and Services, Inc. (DPMSi), a company engaged in asset and property management of real estate projects.
Inspired by natural living structures, Nati based his designs on Biomimicry. He also took an interest in sustainable development, citing a strong need for building cities and creating shelters without harming nature.
Biomimicry is an approach to innovation that seeks sustainable solutions to human challenges by emulating nature’s time-tested patterns and strategies. Since living organisms, through natural selection, is a result of millions of years of evolution, by imitating natural living structures, biomimicry can help solve complex human problems such as creating effective human structures capable to optimize their performance and the use of natural resources.
One early example of the use of biomimicry is Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519) who studied birds to enable human flight and create a “flying machine”. The Wright Brothers in 1903 also derived inspiration for their aircraft invention by studying pigeons in flight.
In architecture, biomimicry has evolved into a contemporary philosophy (see also Biomimietic Architecture).
High Performance Design
Nati’s designs are characterized by fully integrating renewable energy features – passive for saving, and active for generating power – with architecture. This integration begins during the conceptualization process and extends to design up to construction and building maintenance. The process is created using performance-based design strategies that make use of parametric and generative architectural software.
At the onset of the design process is a detailed analysis of the existing data of natural weather conditions of the site location, optimizing the use of natural elements to shape the design of the building—the same “thinking model” used by nature. In the same manner that a sailboat is designed to take advantage of the wind and waves, Nati espouses the idea that a building should adhere to the same concept, by optimizing the natural elements to create an efficient and high performing building design.
On January 2017, IDC welcomed the draft of the Philippine Development Plan, released recently by the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) Director-General Ernesto Pernia, and said it fully supports the government’s aim to establish Metro Cagayan de Oro (CDO) as the country’s fourth economic center, alongside Metro Manila, Metro Cebu and Metro Davao, by 2025. According to Italpinas, which invested heavily in CDO when it broke ground on its flagship project Primavera Residences there in 2009, the city is the cornerstone of the fast-growing Northern Mindanao region, and rightly deserves to be recognized as a metropolis and an economic center. 
Last May 2017, IDC posted on its website for their first publication as they are among the co-authors of a book entitled Time Frames, published by Italian authors, Ugo Carughi and Massimo Visone. The new publication, according to Visone, focuses on current conservation and protection rules and strategies of more than 100 countries, with particular attention to emerging nations and twentieth-century architecture. The book presents an overview of critical issues and actions undertaken by different countries related to architectural listings. Time Frames includes topics on identities, heritage, conservation, memories and the economy. 
On May 23, 2017, the company hosted the Batangas Provincial Investment Council (BPIC) Forum held at the Batangas Provincial Capitol, Batangas. IDC Chairman & CEO Arch. Romolo Nati presented the company’s soon to rise project, Miramonti. 
On March 2, 2017, IDC was part of a business forum conducted by the Italian Chamber of Commerce in the Philippines. The event was organized by EU- Philippines Business Network, Archipelago and Philippines-Netherlands Business Council. Under the theme, “Philippine Economy: Is Change Coming?”, the said forum solely talked about the pressing issues within the government and its agencies with regards to the actions from the foreign trade agreement currently being negotiated between the Philippines and the EU. Architect Romolo Nati spoke about his exciting experience in the Philippines that brought him from founding a development company in 2009 to be listed in the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) in the year 2015. He also gave emphasis on the challenges and opportunity that the Philippines can offer to Italian investors. 
Chairman and CEO Architect Romolo Nati was also among the speakers of the following:
- Asia Real Estate Investment Summit (May 24, 2017)
- ENACTUS (May 27, 2017)
- 26th Mindanao Business Conference (September 7-9, 2017)
- Philippine International Furniture Show and Interior and Design Manila (March 8, 2018)
- The European House-Ambrosetti, High-Level Dialogue on Asean Italy Economic Relations (April 11-12, 2018)
- Investing & Doing Business in the Philippines (April 13, 2018)
- Power & Electricity World Philippines (May 23-24, 2018)
- Powertrends (September 5, 2018)
- Build Eco Xpo (BEX) Asia (September 7, 2018)
- Investing & Doing Business in Philippines (September 13, 2018)
- Real Estate and Investment Conference (September 25, 2018)
- Sustainability Summit Asia 2018 -The Economist (November 15, 2018)
- In line with the government’s Build, Build, Build Program, an infrastructure development agenda initiated by current President Rodrigo Duterte last October 2017, Italpinas Development Corporation’s (IDC) Chairman & CEO, Architect Romolo Nati, was recently featured and quoted in two of OBG’s website articles.
- Architect Romolo Nati, was featured in an interview in ANC's Early Edition, hosted by Michelle Ong. In the interview, Architect Nati discussed the success and growth of the company's developments in the past years in emerging cities outside imperial Manila by reflecting the company's brand in developing nature-inspired, innovative, sustainable and safe real estate products.
- IDC talks about Business Sustainability on BizNews, a reputable program aired on the People’s Television Network, Inc. (PTV) at channel 4. Italpinas Development Corporation’s Architect Romolo Nati, chairman and chief executive officer, Atty. Jojo D. Leviste, president, and Dr. Jose P. Leviste, primo consigliere talked about going green is good business as they graced the program, last May 29, 2017.
- In The CEO Magazine Asia June 2017 edition, Architect Nati graced three pages of the issue. He was interviewed about his inspirations of his projects and experiences before becoming as one of the world’s finest sustainable architects.
At 16 years old, Nati's interest in architecture grew when he flew to Hong Kong, New York City, Chicago, Singapore and other major cities following his father who used to work in ALITALIA (Italian Airlines). His early travels developed his interest in modern architecture, instilling a great admiration for skyscrapers. Influenced by Leonardo da Vinci and biomimicry, he also continued developing his architectural style from his appreciation of the elegant and highly-effective function of nature. He also gained insights from Japanese architecture, North-European architecture, Organic architecture and Italian rationalism.
Works and Design Concepts
- Miramonti, IDC, Sto. Tomas, Batangas, Philippines, 2014
- Primavera City, IDC, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines, 2013
- BUS (Block Utility System), Milan, Italy, 2012
- Coral City, Asian Development Bank and ITPI Corp, Quezon City, Philippines, 2012
- Payatas Project, My Shelter Foundation, Manila, Philippines, 2012
- Concept Design for a Headquarter of a Telecoumminication Company Metro Manila, Philippines, 2012
- Concept for a Private Hangar Pasay City, 2012
- Commercial and Office Center, Oxford Management, Juuru, Estonia, 2010
- Primavera Residences, IDC, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines, 2009
- Combined Heat and Power Energy Plant, Oxford Management, Juuru, Estonia, 2009
- Administrative Building of the Tallinn City Government, Tallinn City Government, Tallinn, Estonia, 2009
- Residential & Parking Building, Oxford Management, Parnu, Estonia, 2008
- Spatial Planning of Tamula Lakeside Area, Iõru Town Government/Union of Estonian Architects, Estonia, 2008
- Residential and multifunction Eco-village development, Oxford Management, Romania, 2008
- Single Family House, Silang, Philippines, 2007
- Apartments’ renovation, Manila, Philippines, 2007
- Residential and multifunction Eco-village development, Oxford Management, Juuru, Estonia, 2007
- Multi-storey Building, Oxford Management, Parnu, Estonia, 2007
- Parnu Riverside Centre: Concept Plan, Parnu, Estonia, 2006
- Resort, Commercial and Residential Complex, Telese, Italy, 2006
- Interior design for an apartment, Vitorchiano, Italy, 2006
- Interior design of 150sq/m apartment, Rome, Italy, 2006
- Restoration of a historic building, Vitorchiano, Italy, 2006
- Arab Cultural Center, The Mosaic Foundation/Competition, Washington DC, USA, 2005
Honors and awards
- 2019, Best Mixed-use Development in the Philippines 2019-2020, International Property Awards-Asia Pacific,"Miramonti Green Residences"
- 2018, Best Innovation Project of the Year 2018, "Miramonti Green Residences", The Outlook-Lamudi; Manila, Philippines
- 2017, Best Mixed-use Development in the Philippines 2017-2018, International Property Awards-Asia Pacific,"Primavera City"; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2016, Leadership in Sustainability & Design Performance Award 2016, Philippine Green Building Council, “Primavera Residences” ; Taguig City, Philippines
- 2015, EDGE ( Excellence in Design for Greater Efficiencies), ”Primavera Residences”, IFC World Bank
- 2014, Best Mixed-use Development in the Philippines, Asia Pacific Property Awards; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2014, One of the Philippines’ New Business Leaders, National Geographic Magazine (Feb 2014)
- 2013, One of the Most Promising Clean Energy Investment Opportunity, “Primavera Residences, CTI-PFAN
- 2011, The Special Energy Award, “Coral City Concept”; Design Against the Elements (DAtE) International Design Competition
- 2011, One of the Best Condo Development in the Philippines, “Primavera Residences”; South East Asia Property Awards, Singapore
- 2010, The Most Promising Clean Energy Investment Opportunities, “Primavera Residences”; CTI-PFAN
- 2006, First Prize, “A Concept Plan of the Pärnu Riverside Center”; Pärnu, Estonia
- 2003, Second Prize, “Una Sede Rinnovata per un Glorioso Circolo Nautico”; Naples, Italy.
- Project exhibited in the Seventh International Architecture Exhibition; Venice, Italy
- Project exhibited in the Triennial International Industrial Design Exhibition; University of Marmara, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2000, Honorable Mention, BMW’s international design competition; Milan, Italy
- 1999, Honorable Mention, Mitsubishi Motors’ international design competition; Tokyo, Japan
- "Best Mixed-use Development Philippines".
- "Arch. Romolo Valentino Nati". Primavera Residences
- "Arch. Romolo V. Nati, CEO and Chairman". Italpinas Development Corporation.
- "Italpinas IPO, Phoenix Petroleum share sale approved by SEC".
- "Italpinas' IPO plan cleared".
- "Italpinas surges on market debut".
- "Constellation Energy goes into green architecture". The Philippine Star News.
- "Primavera Residences Developer's Showcase of Green Projects A Success at the 19th NREA Trade Exhibits". Primavera Residences
- "Atty. Jojo D. Leviste, III". Atty. Jojo D. Leviste, III
- "P250-M Primavera Residences launched in Oro". Eco-Business
- "Pueblo ramps up 'Green Initiative' with Primavera Residences launch".BusinessWeek Mindanao
- "In CDO CEC builds Mindanao's first eco-friendly building".Yahoo! News (Manila Bulletin)
- "ITPI tops off Primavera Residences Tower 2". Sun.Star Philippine News
- Francesca, Thea. "IDC NOMINATED FOR ASIA CEO AWARDS 2018". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Multi-awarded Italian architect offers to draft rehab master plan for typhoon-hit areas".InterAksyon
- "Damiani Property Management Services Inc. (DMPSi)". www.damianiproperty.com.
- "Property Management". Damiani Property Management. Retrieved 2017-01-23.
- "Green building expert ITPI to builders: adopt 'biomimicry' to build smarter, sustainable cities". Primavera Residences
- "'Biomimicry' inspires design of Primavera Residences".Manila Bulletin
- "Property developer offers sustainable residential projects".Manila Bulletin
- "Energy-efficient buildings pushed".Manila Standard Today
- "Primavera Residences: A prime mover in green designs". The Philippine Star, October 18, 2013
- "7 things I learned from Italian Architect Romolo V. Nati". Primavera Residences
- "Developer supports Metro CDO plan". Manila Bulletin Newsbit. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "IDC's CEO is co-author of book on protecting contemporary architecture". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Mindanao Daily News – IDC's Miramonti Project supports Rich Batangas". www.mindanaodailynews.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Mindanao Daily News – Italpinas CEO speaks at chamber event". www.mindanaodailynews.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "IDC CEO Nati Speaks at Asia CEO Forum". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "IDC's Romolo Nati Shares Business Values in Enactus' Innovative Challenge Workshop". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "IDC Speaks at 26th Mindanao Business Conference". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "IDC CEO talks at Philippine International Furniture Show and Interior and Design Manila". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "CDO's Very Own Green Developer Attends the Singapore High-Level Dialogue". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "INVESTING AND DOING BUSINESS IN THE PHILIPPINES – SINGAPORE". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "IDC CHAIRMAN SPEAKS AT THE Electricity World Philippines 2018". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "ARCHITECT NATI SPEAKS FOR POWERTRENDS 2018". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "ARCHITECT NATI SHOWCASES IDC DEVELOPMENTS IN BEX ASIA 2018". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "INVESTING & DOING BUSINESS IN PH: ARCHITECT NATI INVITED TO TALK BY ICCPI". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "ARCHITECT NATI SHARES DEVELOPMENT SUCCESS IN REAL ESTATE CONFERENCE". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Francesca, Thea. "BBB PROGRAMME: ARCHITECT NATI QUOTED IN OXFORD BUSINESS GROUP WEBSITE". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Government investment plans to address uneven development between regions in the Philippines". Oxford Business Group. 2018-06-27. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Build, Build, Build development programme to boost the Philippines' construction industry and close the infrastructure gap". Oxford Business Group. 2018-06-27. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Italpinas Development Corporation". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "BusinessWeek Mindanao (June 5, 2017)". Issuu. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Magazine, The CEO (2017-05-26). "Romolo Valentino Nati Chairman & CEO of Italpinas Development Corporation IDC". The CEO Magazine. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "'Bahay Kubo'-inspired designs for MRBs".Manila Standard Today
- "Filipino's unique 'Bahay Kubo' inspires Primavera Residences 'green design".BusinessWeek Mindanao
- "5 awesome things you didn't know about ITPI's Italian CEO". Primavera Residences
- IDC. "Italpinas Wins Innovation Project of the Year at Outlook 2018". www.italpinas.com. Retrieved 2019-03-15.
- "Best Mixed-Use Development in the Philippines Archivi - Primavera City". Primavera City. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "Primavera Residences wins Leadership in Green Building in PHILGBC Awards 2016".
- "Philippines : EDGE certification for Italpinas green projects".
- "Best Mixed-use Development Philippines". International Property Award winners from Asia Pacific 2014
- "Best in Asia Pacific". The Philippine Star News
- "Primavera Residences shares award with CDO". Manila Bulletin
- "National Geographic Magazine, February 2014 (Print)". National Geographic Magazine, February 2014 (Print)
- "Condo firm qualifies in business plan tilt". BusinessWorld
- "Primavera Architects win Special Energy Award in Global Design Competition".Kagay-an