|Born||October 28, 1964|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||Northwestern University|
|Spouse(s)||Stephen Root (m. 2008)|
Romy Rosemont is an American television actress who has appeared in multiple TV series, including Shark, Grey's Anatomy, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Prison Break and Private Practice. She got her break in 2010, playing Carole Hudson in the musical series Glee. Rosemont is married to fellow actor Stephen Root; the couple appeared on-screen together in a fourth season episode of Fringe entitled "And Those We've Left Behind".
Rosemont is a graduate of Northwestern University. Rosemont has had guest and recurring roles in various television series, including alongside James Woods and Danielle Panabaker in Shark, as well as in Cook-Off!, Boston Legal, Crossing Jordan, Friends with Money, Back to You and Me, Close to Home, Grey's Anatomy, Friends, Shopgirl, Ghost Whisperer, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Prison Break, Castle and Drop Dead Diva. She played Lizzie Sparks in episode 16, season 6 of the TV show Criminal Minds.
As of 2009, Rosemont has appeared in musical comedy-drama Glee as recurring character Carole Hudson, the on-screen mother of Finn Hudson, played by Cory Monteith. In an interview in April 2011, she was enthusiastic about continuing her role in the series, saying "It's a great storyline, and it's going further, but there are so many people to accommodate. But hopefully these characters will grow and even the public and whatever will want to see more of them, so hopefully that will be it." In 2014, she appeared in three episodes of The Fosters.
Rosemont is married to American actor Stephen Root. The marriage is Root's second, and he has a son from his previous marriage. The couple were due to appear on-screen together in the 2011 horror film Red State, but Rosemont was forced to pull out due to a scheduling conflict with Glee. They both appeared in a 2011 episode of Fringe.
- Stanley, Alesandra (21 September 2006). "When a Legal Superstar Changes Sides". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Schiedeck, Kasey (25 March 2006). "Midseason Primetime Shakeup". CanMag. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "Espirits Criminal—Romy Rosemont Guest Star de l'épisiode Coda". Bubblefrog (in French). 6 February 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Wightman, Catriona (2 February 2011). "Romy Rosemont to guest in 'Criminal Minds' - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Digital Spy Limited. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Wightman, Catriona (29 April 2010). "Romy Rosemont hoping for more 'Glee'". Digital Spy. Digital Spy Limited. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "Interview with Romy Rosemont of Fox's 'Glee'". MassLive.com. The Republican. 5 October 2010. Retrieved 8 February 2011.