Brooks with the Buffalo Bills in 2014
|No. 33 – San Diego Fleet|
|Born:||October 16, 1988|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||190 lb (86 kg)|
|High school:||Irving (TX) MacArthur|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 124|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Ron Brooks (born October 16, 1988) is an American football cornerback for the San Diego Fleet of the Alliance of American Football (AAF). He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at LSU. He has also played for the Philadelphia Eagles.
A native of Irving, Texas, Brooks attended MacArthur High School, where he was a decorated dual-threat quarterback. As a senior, he rushed for 1,264 yards and 19 touchdowns, and also threw for 882 yards and nine touchdowns while being named the District 7-5A MVP. He was selected to the 2007 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio, Texas.
Appearing in 53 games, he accumulated 90 tackles, including 12.5 for loss, 5.5 sacks, ten pass breakups, three interceptions, and forced five fumbles while recovering three. He started in three games in his career at LSU, playing behind Patrick Peterson, Morris Claiborne, and Tyrann Mathieu.
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad|
|5 ft 10 in
|4.37 s||1.55 s||2.52 s||38 in
|10 ft 0 in|
|All values from 2013 NFL Combine|
Brooks was selected by the Buffalo Bills in the fourth round, 124th overall, of the 2012 NFL Draft. The Bills previously traded Lee Evans to the Baltimore Ravens to acquire the pick used to select Brooks.
In his rookie season, he missed the first seven games due to a broken bone in his foot he sustained in the final pre-season game against the Detroit Lions. He was placed on injured reserve with the "designated to return" label. He returned in Week 9 against the Houston Texans, and went on to play in nine games, starting in two of them, and finished his rookie season with 19 tackles and four passes defended.
Brooks spent his 2013 season mostly on special teams, recording only 7 tackles on the season.
On December 30, 2015, Brooks was placed on injured reserve.
On March 9, 2016, Brooks signed a three-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, reuniting him with former Bills defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. In Week 7 against the Minnesota Vikings, Brooks ruptured his right quadriceps tendon, keeping him out for the rest of the season.
On August 30, 2017, Brooks was released by the Eagles.
San Diego Fleet
In 2019, Brooks joined the San Diego Fleet of the Alliance of American Football. In the season opener against the San Antonio Commanders, Brooks intercepted quarterback Logan Woodside in the endzone.
- Ron Brooks - Yahoo Sports
- NFL Draft Scout
- Buffalo Bills Select CB Ron Brooks
- Bills fourth-round pick Ron Brooks has foot surgery
- Bills use 'designated to return' label on CB Brooks
- "Jaguars vs. Bills - Box Score - December 2, 2012 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- "Ron Brooks: Game Logs at NFL.com". www.nfl.com. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- "Bills vs. Patriots - Box Score - December 28, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- "Bills place Charles Clay, Ron Brooks on injured reserve". Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- Ron Brooks Adds To Secondary Depth
- Smith, Michael David (October 24, 2016). "Eagles lose starting cornerback Ron Brooks for season".
- Alper, Josh (August 30, 2017). "Eagles release Ron Brooks". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- Solares, Daniel (January 3, 2019). "San Diego Fleet Roster Breakdown: Cornerbacks". East Village Times. Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- Silagyi, Kyle (February 10, 2019). "WATCH: Former Bills CB intercepts pass in AAF debut". Bills Wire.