Canada in 1997.
|Born||Ronald Ellis Canada
May 3, 1949
New York City, New York, United States
Ronald Ellis "Ron" Canada (born May 3, 1949) is an American actor.
Canada began as a television newscaster during the 1970s in the Baltimore-Washington area, on WJLA-Channel 7 News in Washington, DC, and mainly on WBAL-TV Channel 11 in Baltimore, until the early 1980s when he became an actor.
Canada has had a long career in both television and film, known primarily for his work in Cinderella Man, Wedding Crashers, and his recurring role as Under Secretary of State Ted Barrow on The West Wing. Also known for his stage work in 1997, he played the role of Iago in Shakespeare's Othello at the Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington, D.C. Other notable stage credits include his role as Emmet Tate in Zooman and The Sign at New York's Signature Theatre and originating the role of Duncan Troy in Headstrong at The Ensemble Studio Theatre, which earned him an Audelco Award nomination as Best Supporting Actor.
- Ted 2 (2015) as The Judge
- The Strain (2015) as Mayor George Lyle
- Grimm (2014) as Stan Kingston
- Let's Stay Together (2011–14) as Garrison Lawrence
- The Mentalist "Red Scare" (2009) as Philip Raimey
- Law & Order "Bottomless" (2008) as Mr. Fuller
- Snowglobe (2007) as Antonio Moreno
- Stargate SG-1 (2007) as Quartus
- Weeds (2006) as Joseph
- Ugly Betty (2006) as Senator Slater
- Boston Legal as Judge Willard Reese
- The West Wing as Under Secretary of State Theodore Barrow
- Just Like Heaven (2005) as Dr. Walsh
- Wedding Crashers (2005) as Randolph, the Clearys' Butler
- Cinderella Man (2005) as Joe Jeanette
- Jack & Bobby as Adult Marcus Ride
- National Treasure (2004) as Guard Woodruff
- Ground Control II: Operation Exodus (2004)
- The Shield (2003–2004) as LAPD Chief of Police Tom Bankston (4 episodes)
- One on One, (2001–2004), as Richard Barnes (father of Flex), 14 episodes
- The Hunted (2003) as FBI Special Agent-in-Charge Harry Van Zandt
- Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD (1998) as Gabe Jones
- Lone Star (1996) as nightclub owner Otis, "Big O", Payne
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: "Fight Night" as Gerry Barone
- The X-Files: "Empedocles" as Det. Franklin Potter
- Star Trek: Voyager: "Juggernaut" as Fesek
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: "Rules of Engagement" as Ch'Pok
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: "The Masterpiece Society" as Martin Benbeck
- Babylon 5: "A Voice in the Wilderness, part 2" (1994) as Capt. Ellis Pierce
- Getting Even with Dad (1994) as Zinn
- A Different World (1992) as Grover James
- Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (1992) as Marshall Brooks
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992) as Times Square police officer
- Downtown (1990) as Lowell Harris
- Stat as Anderson 'Mary' Roche
- Cheers as Agent Munson
- Dallas as Dave Wallace
- Adventures in Babysitting (1987) as Graydon
- D.C. Cab (1983) as Police Officer #4
- The Man Who Wasn't There (1983) as Barker
- 7th Heaven as Dr. Sergey
- "Ron Canada". Rotten Tomatoes.
- Rose, Lloyd (9 April 2013). "Theater & Dance". The Washington Post.
- Isherwood, Charles (25 March 2009). "A Cold Soul, and the Society That Put It on Ice". The New York Times.
- "2012 'Viv' Nominees". Audience Development Committee, Inc.