|Associated acts||Leonard Cohen, West, Ron Cornelius and the Untouchables Band, Captain Zoom|
Ron Cornelius is a session musician and producer who has played on albums by Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Al Kooper and Loudon Wainwright III. He is also the president of Gateway Entertainment which was established in 1986. As a producer he has produced Miko Marks's Freeway Bound album in 2007. He is also the co-writer of "Chelsea Hotel No. 2" which has been covered by many artists including Rufus Wainwright.
In the mid-1960s Cornelius was a member Capt. Zoom & The Androids aka Captain Zoom. They released three singles including "Here Comes Captain Zoom" b/w "The Zoom". Later he was a key member of a folk country rock band called West that was formed in San Francisco in 1967 that also featured Cornelius on lead guitar and vocals, Michael Stewart on guitar. Other members were Joe Davis, Bob Claire, Jon Sagen and Lloyd Perata. The band recorded the album West in 1968 and two others.
His solo album Tin Luck released on Polydor, PD50ll featured Joe Davis on bass and Paul Distel on drums. He played both guitar and keyboards. Most of the tracks on the album were composed by him.
Some of the session work he has done includes work with Charles E. Daniels, Bubba Fowler at the Columbia Recording Studios at Nashville, Tennessee on March l7, 1970,. This was produced by Bob Johnston and the tracks were "Early Morning Rain", " Woogie Boogie", "Copper Kettle", "Belle Isle" and "All The Tired Horses". He has also worked alongside Charlie McCoy, Al Kooper and David Bromberg in a recording session for Bob Dylans 1973 album Dylan.
- Tin Luck, Polydor PD5011
Session discography (partial)
- Leonard Cohen ... Songs of Love and Hate - guitar
- Leonard Cohen ... Songs from a Room - acoustic and electric guitar
- Leonard Cohen ... Live At The Isle of Wight 1970 - guitar
- Bob Dylan ... Self Portrait - guitar
- Bob Dylan ... New Morning - guitar
- Bob Dylan ... The Bootleg Series Vol. 10: Another Self Portrait (1969–1971)
- Al Kooper ... Al's Big Deal - Unclaimed Freight - guitar
- Loudon Wainwright III ... Attempted Mustache - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- All Music Ron Cornelius Credits
- 2013 Songwriter's Market edited by Roseann Biederman P 140 Markets
- Black Planet Miko Marks "Country Singer/Songwriter"
- All Music Rufus Wainwright Chelsea Hotel No 2
- Grateful Dead Family Discography Capt. Zoom AKA Captain Zoom and the Androids
- All Music West Biography
- Badcat Records West
- Audio Radio Magazine, Incorporated, 1972 Page 95
- Discogs Ron Cornelius – Tin Luck
- Official Miko Marks Website Biography
- PunkHart Productions Bob Dylan: The Recording Sessions Part Two By Michael Krogsgaard
- Life on the Tracks: Bob Dylan's Songs By Guido Bier P 491
- Billboard 20 Nov 1971 Page 66 New LP/Tape Releases