Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ron Fawcett (born 6 May 1955) is an English rock climber. He is noted for being amongst the outstanding rock climbers of the 1970s and 1980s, and for being one of the first professional rock climbers.
- 1978: The Cad (E5, 6a), North Stack, Gogarth, Anglesey
- May 1982: Tequila Mockingbird (E6 6b), Chee Tor, Derbyshire
- 1982: The Prow (E6 6b), Raven’s Tor, with Gill Fawcett, over 3 days
- Slip 'n' Slide (E6 6a), Crookrise, Yorkshire
- Lord of the Flies (E6 6a), Dinas Cromlech, Snowdonia
- Strawberries (E6 6b), Tremadog, North Wales
- 1983: Master's Edge (E7 6b), Millstone Edge. the Peak District. According to the BMC guidebook this is "Fawcett's masterpiece ... with sustained difficult climbing and painfully limited protection" finishing with "a heart-stopping lunge".
- Fawcett has made the longest rock climb in the United Kingdom, the 5000-metre Girdle Traverse of Stanage Edge.
- Fawcett on Rock (with John Beatty and M. John Harrison), 1987, HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0-04-440076-9.
- Ron Fawcett, Rock Athlete (with Ed Douglas), 2010, Vertebrate Graphics Ltd. ISBN 978-1-906148-17-1.
- "Fawcett, Ron (1955-)". mountain-heritage.org. 6 August 2006. Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- BMC notice, bmc.org. Retrieved 15 December 2010.
- "Winners of the Boardman Tasker Prize". boardmantasker.com. Archived from the original on 25 February 2009. Retrieved 25 May 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- The Cad, ukclimbing.com. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- Tequila Mockingbird, ukclimbing.com. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- The Prow, ukclimbing.com. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- Slip 'n' Slide, ukclimbing.com. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- Lord of the Flies, ukclimbing.com. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- Burbage, Millstone and Beyond (BMC, 2005), edited by David Simmonite and Niall Grimes
- Stanage (BMC Guide), David Simmonite et al., 2002. ISBN 0-903908-42-5.