|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 78th district
January 7, 2013
|Preceded by||New District|
January 3, 2005 – December 31, 2006
|Preceded by||Larry Householder|
|Succeeded by||Dan Dodd|
January 3, 1995 – December 31, 2000
|Preceded by||Francis Carr|
|Succeeded by||John Boccieri|
|Born||1969 (age 47–48)|
|Residence||Ashville, Ohio, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Ohio State University|
Ronald Edward Hood (born 1969) is a Republican legislator in the Ohio House of Representatives. Currently he represents the 78th District. He represented, at various times, both the 57th and the 91st districts. He most recently lost a primary bid for Ohio's seventh Congressional District on March 4, 2008.
A graduate of the Max M. Fisher College of Business at Ohio State University, Hood earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration in 1991.[self-published source] He had dual majors in marketing and economics.
In 1992, Hood ran for an open seat in the Ohio House of Representatives but lost that election by a narrow margin. Two years later, he again sought election to the Ohio House of Representatives. In 1994, Hood was elected to represent the 57th district; he held that office for three terms. It was after Hood relocated to central Ohio that he sought an additional legislative term. In 2005, he won a close race for the 91st district with a 5.28% margin. He has served on both the House Commerce and Labor Committee and the House Criminal Justice Committee.
During his four terms as a member of the Ohio House of Representatives, Hood was named the 1995–96 Outstanding Conservative Freshman Legislator. He received the Watchdog of the Treasury Award four times and was named Friend of the Taxpayer three times. In 1999, he received the National Right To Work Legislator of the Year Award. In 2000, Hood received the Frank Lausche Young Conservative Award.
In 2001, Hood married Michal Marie Dean of Xenia, Ohio. The couple soon after relocated to central Ohio where he returned to the legislature for an additional term in 2005. Mr. and Mrs. Hood reside in Ashville, Ohio, with their daughter Ellah and son Edward.
- Ohio Secretary of State (2008). "Republican U.S. Congress: March 4, 2008 Official Results". Official Election Results. State of Ohio. Retrieved December 6, 2009.
- Ron Hood for Congress Campaign Committee (2008). "Ron Hood for Congress". Campaign Web Site. Ron Hood for Congress Campaign Committee. Archived from the original on February 16, 2008. Retrieved December 6, 2009.
- Ohio Secretary of State (2004). "Ohio House of Representatives: November 2, 2004 Official Results". Official Election Results. State of Ohio. Retrieved December 6, 2009.
- Ron Hood (2008). "Ron Hood for Congress". Campaign Facebook Site. Retrieved December 6, 2009.
- Torry, Jack (February 11, 2008). "U.S. House District 7 primaries". The Columbus Dispatch. Retrieved December 6, 2009.[dead link]