|Date of birth||25 August 1932|
|Date of death||6 January 2015(aged 82)|
|Original team(s)||St Brendans Shepparton|
|Height / weight||179 cm / 79 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1960.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Hovey was a regular in the Geelong backline during the 1950s and would sometimes push into the midfield. He was a member of Geelong's 1951 and 1952 premiership teams. Hovey, who finished equal seventh in the 1959 Brownlow Medal, was captain of Geelong in 1960, his final season.
Hovey served as President of Geelong Football Club from 1988 until 1998.
He died on 6 January 2015, aged 82.
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- Lovett, Michael (2004). AFL 2004 – The Official Statistical History Of The AFL. AFL Publishing. ISBN 0-9580300-5-7.
- "1959 Brownlow Medal". AFL Tables. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Vale Ron Hovey". geelongcats.com.au. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- Lannen, Danny (7 January 2015). "Geelong mourns death of Ron Hovey, former dual premiership player and president". Geelong Advertiser. Herald Sun. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- Ron Hovey's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|