Ron Link (patient advocate)
Ron Link is a former firefighter and actor who founded Surgical Eyes in 1999 to help patients with complications from LASIK (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis) and other types of refractive eye surgery. Surgical Eyes was featured in media outlets worldwide       heightening awareness of post-refractive surgery issues as well as possible solutions. Ron Link first spoke in front of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Ophthalmic Devices Panel about the need to address LASIK complications on July 22, 1999  and again on August 1, 2002.
- "Shuttered Sight, Shattered Lives". Fort Worth Weekly. 2003-02-20. Archived from the original on 2008-12-31. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Blurred results - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- IMDb Resume for Ron Link (IV)
- http://www.nj.com/healthfit/ledger/index.ssf?/news/ledger/stories/021102lasik.html here
- New site details downsides of laser eye surgery http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscience/19991012hlasik4.asp
- FWWeekly: Feature: Shuttered Sight, Shattered Lives Archived 2008-12-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- Brody, Jane E. (September 14, 1999). "PERSONAL HEALTH; Promise and Risks of Laser Eye Surgery". The New York Times.
- KOMPAS Cyber Media/Health Edition
- Laser eye surgery - pros and cons
- Albuquerque Tribune Online: Science & Tech
- USA Today (PDF) https://www.usatoday.com/educate/college/business/casestudies/20040203-Technology.pdf. Missing or empty
- "Eyeing The Risks". CBS News. June 28, 2000.
- BW Online | March 17, 2003 | Why Settle for 20/20?
- Portsmouth Herald Local News: LASIK: Reward of clear vision not without risk
- Worldandnation: Seeing LASIK's risks clearly
- Salon Health & Body | The LASIK "miracle"
- Why We're Here - Complications from LASIK and other refractive surgeries"
- "SurgicalEyes.org: Center, Clinics and Optometrists"
- "SurgicalEyes.org: Center, Clinics and Surgeons which treat Lasik complications"
- Accomplishments May 1999 to Now"
- 403 Forbidden Archived 2017-05-15 at the Wayback Machine.