|Born||November 22, 1956|
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Inker|
Arak, Son of Thunder
Justice League International
A graduate of The Kubert School Ron Randall's first published comic book work was a two-page backup story titled "Killers Above -- Killers Below!" which was written by Robert Kanigher and appeared in Unknown Soldier #243 (September 1980). Randall then drew several stories for the Sgt. Rock title with Joe Kubert, as well as for many of DC's mystery titles. He and writer Gary Cohn co-created the "Barren Earth" feature as a backup in The Warlord #63 (November 1982) and it was spun off into a four-issue limited series in 1985. Randall became the artist on the Arak, Son of Thunder series with issue #26 (October 1983). He collaborated with writer Greg Potter on the "Me & Joe Priest" graphic novel and drew a few issues of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run. Randall introduced his creation Trekker, a 23rd-century female bounty hunter named Mercy St. Clair, in Dark Horse Presents #4 (January 1987). The character is not named for fans of the Star Trek franchise.
He is a member of Periscope Studio in Portland, Oregon. In September 2011, Randall launched Trekkkercomic.com, a website collecting all of the previously published Trekker material. Upon completion of the posting of older material, Randall began to present new Trekker stories on the site. Trekker appeared in print again beginning with the story "The Train to Avalon Bay Part 1" in Dark Horse Presents vol. 2 #24 published in May 2013. The Trekker Omnibus collecting the character's appearances was published by Dark Horse in August 2013.
Dark Horse Comics
- Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry Birthdays". Comics Buyer's Guide. Iola, Wisconsin. Archived from the original on October 29, 2010. Retrieved December 12, 2010.
- Randall, Ron (March 30, 2011). "About Ron Randall". Ron Randall.com. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
I attended the Joe Kubert School in New Jersey, where I learned from many masters of the trade.
- Ron Randall at the Grand Comics Database
- Nichols, Bill (2012). "Comic Pro Spotlight: Ron Randall". Comicrelated.com. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
My first comics work was a few short stories in the back of the old Sgt. Rock. Many, many years ago. What I most remember was the rare and priceless opportunity to work one-on-one with Joe Kubert himself as he took me through the steps of layouts, pencils and inks on these short tales.
- Potter, Greg; Randall, Ron (1985). Me & Joe Priest. DC Comics. ISBN 0-930289-04-8.
- Trekker appearances at the Grand Comics Database
- Offenberger, Rik (September 24, 2011). "Ron Randall talks about Trekker". First Comics News. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Manning, Matthew K.; Dolan, Hannah, ed. (2010). "1990s". DC Comics Year By Year A Visual Chronicle. London, United Kingdom: Dorling Kindersley. p. 252. ISBN 978-0-7566-6742-9.
With the [Justice League] titles spearheaded by Superman mainstay Dan Jurgens, writer Gerard Jones and artists Rick Burchett and Ron Randall jumped on board as well to help revitalize the franchise.
- "Ron Randall". Periscope Studio.com. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Ron, Randall. "About Trekker". Trekkercomic.com. Archived from the original on June 13, 2013. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- MacDonald, Heidi (April 23, 2013). "Trekker omnibus is coming with intro by Gail Simone". ComicsBeat.com. Archived from the original on June 27, 2013. Retrieved June 27, 2013.
- Randall, Ron (2013). Trekker Omnibus. Dark Horse Comics. p. 328. ISBN 9781616552114.
- "Who pays more taxes, Spider-Man or Batman?". The Beat. July 5, 2012. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Trekker website
- Ron Randall at the Comic Book Database
- Ron Randall at the Lambiek Comiclopedia
- Ron Randall at Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics
- Ron Randall at the Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators
|Arak, Son of Thunder penciller
|The Warlord penciller
|Justice League Europe/
Justice League International penciller