|Birth name||Ronald Welty|
|Born||February 1, 1971|
|Origin||Long Beach, California, U.S.|
|Genres||Punk rock, skate punk|
|Labels||Nemesis, Epitaph, Columbia, Band-Aid on a Bullet|
|Associated acts||The Offspring
Ronald "Ron" Welty (born February 1, 1971, in Long Beach, California) is the former drummer for the American punk rock band The Offspring. Of all the band's drummers, Welty's tenure was the longest, as he was in the band from July 1987 to March 2003.
He had replaced their second drummer James Lilja, and was only 16 at the time of his joining. However, he left to form his band Steady Ground, in which he played drums and co-produced. His departure was announced on March 18, 2003 on The Offspring's official website.
He had played on The Offspring's first six studio albums before departing, which were their self-titled album, Ignition, Smash, Ixnay on the Hombre, Americana, and Conspiracy of One. He left the band when they were in the midst of writing and recording Splinter, their seventh studio album released in December 2003.
On February 26, 2006, Steady Ground released three demos on Myspace, entitled "Everyone's Emotional", "I Can't Contain Myself", and "You Better Close Your Eyes." In 2007, the band released the studio album Jettison, and in the same year they broke up.
- "Biography for Ron Welty". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "The Offspring". NIPP. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Scott (March 19, 2003). "Ron Welty leaves the Offspring". Punknews.org. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Interview with Ron Welty". Tama Drums. Archived from the original on February 14, 2005. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Ron Welty No Longer a Member of The Offspring". Offspring.com. March 18, 2003. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- "Jettison". Rate Your Music. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- RLSegarra (March 25, 2007). "Steady Ground, Breaking Ground". Broowaha. Archived from the original on May 19, 2007. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
|This article on a United States rock drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|