Ronald L. Bailey (USMC)
Lieutenant General Bailey is a Marine, not a soldier.
|Ronald L. Bailey|
LtGen. Ronald L. Bailey during a battle color rededication ceremony for the 1st Marine Division in August 2012
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1977– 2017|
|Commands held||Marine Corps Recruiting Command|
|Awards||Defense Superior Service Medal (2)|
He graduated from Austin Peay State University in Tennessee in 1977 and was commissioned a Marine second lieutenant that same year. He is a Life Member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity. He served as an infantry officer.
When appointed to the Marine Corps Recruiting Command, Bailey said "...leadership is about influence and relationships – relationships with the American people. Our nation’s citizens expect us to be America’s expeditionary force in readiness committed to their protection at home and abroad; we will honor that expectation with the professional and empathetic execution of our mission within their communities nationwide."
His military appointments were published by Camp Pendleton Patch and by the Los Angeles Times on July 1, 2011. Bailey was appointed in January to head the Marine Corps Recruiting Command, where he will command more than 22,000 troops. He also served as commanding general of the San Diego Western Recruiting Region and Marine Corps Recruit Depot, according to a Marine Corps Base press release at the time.
In June 2013, Lieutenant General Bailey was promoted to his current rank and assigned to Headquarters Marine Corps as the Deputy Commandant for Plans, Policies, and Operations.
- "Camp Pendleton welcomes new commander". Marines.mil. 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Official Biography: Major General Ronald L. Bailey". Slsp.manpower.usmc.mil. 1977-07-01. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- ERIKA I. RITCHIE (June 30, 2011). "1st Marine Division ushers in new legacy". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- "First African-American Appointed to Command 1st Marine Division - Camp Pendleton, CA Patch". Camppendleton.patch.com. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "1st Marine Division gets first African American commander - latimes.com". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 2011-07-01. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Mark Walker (June 30, 2011). "MILITARY: Maj. Gen. Ronald Bailey takes command of 1st Marine Division". North County Times. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ronald Bailey.|