Ronald Joseph Dominique
January 9, 1964
Thibodaux, Louisiana, U.S.
|Criminal penalty||Life Imprisonment|
Span of crimes
|December 1, 2006|
Dominique was investigated in late 2006 following a police report by a man who refused to let Dominique tie him up. The final victim, Chris Sutterfield, had died about two months earlier.
Following his arrest on December 1, 2006, Dominique confessed to the rape and murder of at least 23 men over a ten-year period beginning in 1997. He committed the crimes in Terrebonne, Lafourche, Iberville, St. Charles and Jefferson parishes in suburban New Orleans. In his confession, Dominique, who is gay, said he frequented area gay bars and targeted men he thought would be willing to have sex for money. He also lured straight men by setting up fake drug deals or showing men a picture of women and telling them that she was willing to pay for sex with a Black man. He murdered them to avoid being convicted and sentenced to prison for rape. He was charged with multiple cases of rape and first-degree murder.
On September 23, 2008, Dominique was sentenced to eight life sentences after confessing to raping and killing his male victims over a 10-year period. Dominique pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in a deal to avoid the death penalty. He is incarcerated at the Louisiana State Penitentiary in Angola.
|Number||Name||Age||Date found||Location found|
|1||David Mitchell||19||July 1997||St. Charles Parish|
|2||Gary Pierre||20||December 1997||St. Charles Parish|
|3||Larry Ranson||38||July 1998||St. Charles Parish|
|4||Oliver LeBanks||27||October 1998||Metarie, Jefferson Parish|
|5||Joseph Brown||16||October 1998||Kenner, Jefferson Parish|
|6||Bruce Williams||18||November 1998||Jefferson Parish|
|7||Manuel Reed||21||May 1999||Kenner, Jefferson Parish|
|8||Angel Mejia||34||June 1999||Kenner, Jefferson Parish|
|9||Mitchell Johnson||34||August 1999||Metarie, Jefferson Parish|
|10||Michael Vincent||23||January 2000||Lafourche Parish|
|11||Kenneth Randolph||20||October 2002||Lafourche Parish|
|12||Anoka Jones||26||October 2002||St. Charles Parish|
|13||Datrell Woods||19||May 2003||Terrebonne Parish|
|14||Larry Matthews||46||October 2004||Terrebonne Parish|
|15||Michael Barnett||21||October 2004||Terrebonne Parish|
|16||Leon Lirette||22||February 2005||Terrebonne Parish|
|17||August Watkins||31||April 2005||Lafourche Parish|
|18||Kurt Cunningham||23||April 2005||Lafourche Parish|
|19||Alonzo Hogan||28||July 2005||St. Charles Parish|
|20||Wayne Smith||17||August 2005||Terrebonne Parish|
|21||Chris Deville||40||September 2005||Assumption Parish|
|22||Nicholas Pellegrin||21||November 2005||Lafourche Parish|
|23||Christopher Sutterfield||27||October 2006||Iberville Parish|
- Alix Lambert; David McMahon (Directors) (April 8, 2014). Bayou Blue (DVD & VOD). Run time: 79 minutes. U.S. and Canada only: Garden Thieves Pictures. Lay summary – SnagFilms.
- Jack Rosewood; Rebecca Lo (February 3, 2007). Serial Killers Rage and Horror: 8 Shocking True Crime Stories of Serial Killers and Killing Sprees - "Chapter 8. Ronald Dominique The Bayou Strangler." CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781542957786.
- Robert Keller (March 11, 2017). True Crime: American Monsters Volume 12: 12 Horrific American Serial Killers - "Chapter 8. Ronald Domique." CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 9781544618487.
- Fred Rosen (October 3, 2017). The Bayou Strangler: Louisiana’s Most Gruesome Serial Killer. Open Road Media. ISBN 9781504039499.
- Michelle Hunter (December 5, 2006). Serial-killer suspect confesses; Trysts led to rapes, strangling, cops told. NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune.
- Lloyd Vries (December 5, 2006). Louisiana Man Confesses To 23 Slayings. CBS News | Associated Press.
- Mary Foster (December 5, 2006). From a meek “nobody” to a serial killer? The Seattle Times.
- Staff (September 24, 2008). Gay serial killer convicted in Louisiana. The Telegraph.
- "Video: Courier reporter, slain man's mother on CourtTV". The Courier. December 7, 2006. Retrieved December 22, 2007.
- "Video: Courier reporter, slain man's mother on CourtTV". The Courier. December 18, 2006. Retrieved December 22, 2007.
- https://wondery.com/shows/real-crime-profile/ episode 52-55
- "Louisiana Serial Killer Gets 8 Life Terms for 8 Murders". Fox News. September 24, 2008. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- Chris Blondell (29 November 2017). "The Gentle, Pathetic Serial Killer". Sword and Scale. Retrieved 30 September 2018.
- Mike McPadden (22 September 2017). "Ronald Dominique: "The Bayou Serial Killer" Who Decimated Gay Louisiana - CrimeFeed". CrimeFeed. Discovery Communications, LLC. Retrieved 30 September 2018.
- DallasVoice: Alleged Gay Serial Killer arrested
- News.com.au: Serial killer Ronald Dominique jailed
- The Houma Times: 14 news articles regarding Ronald Dominique's crimes
|This crime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|