|Ronald W. (Ron) Hovsepian|
Ronald W. (Ron) Hovsepian, Intralinks President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
Ronald W. (Ron) Hovsepian (born 1961) is the former president, chief executive officer, and director of IntraLinks Inc., a global provider of secure SaaS collaboration solutions and virtual data rooms. He was previously the president and chief executive officer of Novell, Inc.,
Education and career
He started his career at IBM Corporation, where he held a number of management and executive positions over a 16-year period including Worldwide General Manager in IBM Marketing and Services for the Distribution Industry segment, managing product development of hardware and software, sales and marketing, and services.
He joined Novell in 2003 as executive vice president and president, worldwide field operations. From 2005 to 2011, he was the president and chief executive officer of Novell, Inc., Hovsepian led the negotiations that resulted in the controversial Microsoft and Novell deal that was announced in October 2006. In 2010, Novell announced that it had agreed to be acquired by Attachmate. Hovsepian left Novell on April 25, 2011 after the acquisition of Novell by Attachmate.
In early 2012, Hovsepian was appointed president, chief executive officer, and director of Intralinks Inc. . Under his leadership Intralinks developed Intralinks VIA, a secure enterprise file sharing solution, and Intralinks Dealnexus, the largest global online deal sourcing network. He led Intralinks during its acquisitions of PE Nexus, MergerID, and docTrackr. He remained at Intralinks through its acquisition by Synchronoss, the leading innovator of cloud solutions, secure enterprise productivity and software-based activation for companies across the globe. In April 2017, Hovsepian left Synchronoss.
Hovsepian has served as a member of the Board of Directors for ANSYS since 2012, and is currently serving as the lead independent director. Previously, he was non-executive chairman of ANSYS. He has served as a member of the Board of Advisors for Cloud Technology Partners, a professional services firm in the field of cloud initiatives, since August, 2015. He also served as a member of the Board of Directors for ANN Inc. from 1998 – August, 2015. In that time, he also served as the non-executive chairman of the Board of Directors of ANN Inc. from 2005 – 2015.
- "Intralinks Appoints Ronald W. Hovsepian New CEO". December 16, 2011.
- "p2pnet.net - the original daily p2p and digital media news site » Blog Archive » Microsoft / Novell deal 'stinks'". Archived from the original on 2007-05-02.
- "Microsoft/Novell Deal Could Create Two-Tier Linux Market - Slashdot". linux.slashdot.org. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "IntraLinks Releases IntraLinks VIA, Secure File Sharing with Administrative Controls".
- "Intralinks Launches Largest Global Deal Sourcing Network - Intralinks Dealnexus".
- "Intralinks launches global deal sourcing network".
- "Intralinks acquires MergerID and PE-Nexus".
- Dillet, Romain. "Intralinks Acquires Document Security Service docTrackr". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-12-08.
- "Synchronoss Announces Management Changes". Business Wire. April 27, 2017.
- http://investors.ansys.com/corporate-governance/board-of-directors.aspx Board Service, ANSYS
- http://www.cloudtp.com/?announcements=cloud-technology-partners-names-ronald-hovsepian-to-board-of-advisors Board Service, Cloud Technology Partners
- http://investor.anntaylor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=78167&p=irol-govBio&ID=238387 Board Service, ANN Inc
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|