Ronald J. Brachman
|Ronald Jay Brachman|
|Born||1949 (age 65–66)|
|Alma mater||Harvard University
|Thesis||A structural paradigm for representing knowledge (1977)|
|Doctoral advisor||William A. Woods|
Ronald Jay "Ron" Brachman (born 1949) is Chief Scientist of Yahoo! and head of Yahoo! Labs. He was formerly the Associate Head of Yahoo! Labs and Head of Worldwide Labs and Research Operations.
Prior to working at Yahoo!, he worked at DARPA as the Director of the Information Processing Techniques Office (IPTO), one of DARPA's eight offices at the time. While at IPTO, he helped develop DARPA's Cognitive Systems research efforts. Before that, he worked at AT&T Bell Laboratories (Murray Hill, New Jersey) as the Head of the Artificial Intelligence Principles Research Department (2004) and Director of the Software and Systems Research Laboratory. When AT&T split with Lucent in 1996, he became Communications Services Research Vice President and was one of the founders of AT&T Labs.
- Reiter, Ray; Brachman, Ronald J.; Levesque, Hector J. (1992). Knowledge representation. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press. ISBN 0-262-52168-7.
- Levesque, Hector J.; Brachman, Ronald J. (2004). Knowledge representation and reasoning. Amsterdam: Elsevier/Morgan Kaufmann. ISBN 1-55860-932-6.
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
- Ronald J. Brachman's publications indexed by the DBLP Bibliography Server at the University of Trier
- Ronald J. Brachman (1983) "What IS-A is and isn't. An Analysis of Taxonomic Links in Semantic Networks"; IEEE Computer, 16 (10); October.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|