Ronald Jones (running back)
|No. 27 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Born:||August 3, 1997|
Fort Stewart, Georgia, U.S.
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||208 lb (94 kg)|
|High school:||McKinney (TX) North|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 38|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Jones attended McKinney North High School in McKinney, Texas. He played tailback for the Bulldogs high school football team. Jones was rated by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and was ranked as the second best Tailback in his class and 40th best player overall. He committed to the University of Southern California (USC) to play college football.
Jones played college football at USC under head coaches Steve Sarkisian and Clay Helton. As a freshman in 2015, Jones played 14 games with 987 rushing yards, 39 receiving yards, and 9 total touchdowns. As a sophomore in 2016, Jones played 13 games with 1,082 rushing yards, 79 receiving yards, and 13 total touchdowns. As a junior in 2017, Jones played 13 games with 1,550 rushing yards, 165 receiving yards, and 20 total touchdowns. After his junior year, Jones decided to forgo his senior year and enter the 2018 NFL Draft.
Jones was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round (38th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. He was the fifth running back to be selected that year. He made his NFL debut in Week 4 against the Chicago Bears. In the 48–10 loss, he had ten carries for 29 rushing yards. In Week 7, against the Cleveland Browns, he scored his first professional rushing touchdown.
- Grosbard, Adam (December 27, 2017). "Former McKinney North standout Ronald Jones II living out a dream playing in Cotton Bowl for USC". SportsDay. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Ronald Jones II, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Running Back". 247Sports. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Jones Commits To USC - ESPN Video". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Ronald Jones College Stats". College Football at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- Lowry, Matthew. "Ronald Jones II declares for the 2018 NFL Draft". Conquest Chronicles. Retrieved January 5, 2018.
- "Ronald Jones II". sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- Arcia, Gil (April 27, 2018). "The Buccaneers select Ronald Jones No. 38". BucsNation.com. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- "2018 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Buccaneers' Ronald Jones II: Leads backfield in carries during loss". CBSSports.com. Retrieved October 10, 2018.
- "Buccaneers' Ronald Jones II: Notches first NFL touchdown during win". CBSSports.com. Retrieved December 3, 2018.