Ronald M. Evans
Ronald Mark Evans (born April 17, 1949 in Los Angeles) is an American professor and biologist at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies in La Jolla, California and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator. His research focuses on the function of nuclear hormone signaling and metabolism. 
He received his Bachelor of Science and PhD degrees from UCLA, followed by a postdoctoral training at Rockefeller University with James E. Darnell He became a faculty member at the Salk Institute in 1978 and Adjunct Professor in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Neuroscience at UCSD (1985, 1989, 1995). He was named March of Dimes Chair in Molecular and Developmental Neurobiology at the Salk Institute in 1998.
In 2003 he was awarded the March of Dimes Prize in Developmental Biology, and in 2004 he received the Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research. He is also recipient of the Harvey Prize (2006), the Gairdner Foundation International Award (2006), the Albany Medical Center Prize (2007) and the Wolf Prize in Medicine (2012).
- 2012 The Wolf Prize in Medicine
- 2007 The Albany Medical Center Prize (shared with Solomon H. Snyder and Robert J. Lefkowitz)
- 2006 The Harvey Prize
- 2006 The Gairdner Foundation International Award
- 2005 The Dickson Prize
- 2005 The Grande Médaille D'Or
- 2005 The Glenn T. Seaborg Medal
- 2004 Thr Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research (shared with Pierre Chambon and Elwood V. Jensen)
- 2003 The Keio Medical Science Prize
- 1999 The Fred Conrad Koch award
- 1994 California Scientist of the Year
- 1993 The Edwin B. Astwood Lecture award
- Glaser, V. (2003). "An Interview with Ronald M. Evans, Ph.D. Investigator, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies". ASSAY and Drug Development Technologies 1 (6): 749–754. doi:10.1089/154065803772613381. PMID 15090221.
- Evans, R. M. (1988). "The steroid and thyroid hormone receptor superfamily". Science 240 (4854): 889–895. doi:10.1126/science.3283939. PMID 3283939.
- Mangelsdorf, D. J.; Thummel, C.; Beato, M.; Herrlich, P.; Schütz, G.; Umesono, K.; Blumberg, B.; Kastner, P.; Mark, M.; Chambon, P.; Evans, R. M. (1995). "The nuclear receptor superfamily: The second decade". Cell 83 (6): 835–839. doi:10.1016/0092-8674(95)90199-X. PMID 8521507.
- Harpold, M. M.; Evans, R. M.; Salditt-Georgieff, M.; Darnell, J. E. (1979). "Production of mRNA in Chinese hamster cells: Relationship of the rate of synthesis to the cytoplasmic concentration of nine specific mRNA sequences". Cell 17 (4): 1025–1035. doi:10.1016/0092-8674(79)90341-6. PMID 487428.
- Evans, R. M.; Fraser, N.; Ziff, E.; Weber, J.; Wilson, M.; Darnell, J. E. (1977). "The initiation sites for RNA transcription in Ad2 DNA". Cell 12 (3): 733–739. doi:10.1016/0092-8674(77)90273-2. PMID 922890.
- Gill, G. N. (1999). "Citation for the 1999 Fred Conrad Koch Award of the Endocrine Society to Dr. Ronald M. Evans and Dr. Michael G. Rosenfeld". Endocrine Reviews 20 (4): 585–587. doi:10.1210/edrv.20.4.7009. PMID 10453358.
- "Citation for the Edwin B. Astwood Lecture Award of the Endocrine Society to Ronald M. Evans". Molecular endocrinology (Baltimore, Md.) 7 (8): 1090–1091. 1993. doi:10.1210/mend.7.8.8232308. PMID 8232308.
- Evans career and bio
- Evans career and biography
- Evans biography
- Announcement of Evans receiving Albert Lasker Award
- ISI Highly Cited page
|This article about a biologist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|