Ronald Thomas (tennis)
|Full name||Ronald Victor Thomas|
|Born||7 August 1888
Hammond, South Australia
|Died||30 December 1936
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||F (1920)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Australian Open||W (1919, 1920)|
|Grand Slam Mixed Doubles results|
Thomas won two doubles titles at the Australasian Championships (now the Australian Open), in 1919 and 1920, and one doubles title at the 1919 Wimbledon Championships. Thomas also finished as runner-up to Pat O'Hara Wood in men's singles at the 1920 Australasian Championships.
Grand Slam finals
Singles: 1 runner-up
|Runner-up||1920||Australasian Championships||Grass||Pat O'Hara Wood||3–6, 6–4, 8–6, 1–6, 3–6 |
Doubles: 3 titles
|Winner||1919||Australasian Championships||Grass||Pat O'Hara Wood|| James Anderson
|7–5, 6–1, 7–9, 3–6, 6–3 |
|Winner||1919||Wimbledon||Grass||Pat O'Hara Wood|| Rodney Heath
|6–4, 6–2, 4–6, 6–2 |
|Winner||1920||Australasian Championships||Grass||Pat O'Hara Wood|| Horace Rice
|6–1, 6–0, 7–5 |
- Ronald Thomas' profile at Sports Reference.com
- "History of the Australian Open – the Grand Slam of Asia/Pacific". australianopen.com. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Australian Open Results Archive / Men's Singles". Australian Open official website. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Australian Open Results Archive / Men's Doubles". Australian Open official website. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Wimbledon Rolls of Honour / Gentlemen's Doubles". Wimbledon official tournament website. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- "Australian Open Results Archive / 1920 Men's Doubles". Australian Open official website. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- Ronald Thomas at the Association of Tennis Professionals
- Ronald Thomas at the International Tennis Federation
|This biographical article relating to Australian tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|