Ronaldo is a Portuguese name equivalent to the Scottish Ronald. From the football super stars, it became a very common name in all Portuguese speaking countries, being also prevalent in Italy and Spanish speaking countries.
Notable people known as Ronaldo include:
- Ronaldo (Brazilian footballer) (born 1976), Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima, was known as "Ronaldinho" in his early career to distinguish with Ronaldo Rodrigues de Jesus
- Cristiano Ronaldo (born 1985), Portuguese international footballer
- Ronaldinho, full name Ronaldo de Assis Moreira (born 1980), Brazilian international footballer, also known as "Ronaldinho Gaúcho"
- Ronaldo da Costa (born 1970), Brazilian long-distance runner
- Ronaldo Guiaro (born 1974), Brazilian international footballer
- Ronaldo Giovanelli (born 1967), Brazilian footballer
- Ronaldo Henrique (born 1994), Brazilian footballer
- Ronaldo Henrique Silva (born 1991), Brazilian footballer
- Ronaldo Maczinski (born 1980), Brazilian footballer
- Ronaldo Mulitalo (born 1999), New Zealand-American Samoan rugby league player
- Ronaldo Munck, Argentine sociologist
- Ronaldo Oliveira (born 1997), an Indian footballer
- Ronaldo Pereira Alves (born 1977), Brazilian footballer
- Ronaldo Puno, (born 1948), Filipino campaign manager
- Ronaldo Rodrigues de Jesus (born 1965), Brazilian international footballer also known as Ronaldão
- Ronaldo Souza (born 1979),Brazilian mixed martial artist and submission grappler
- Ronaldo Zamora (born 1944), Filipino lawyer and politician
- Ronaldo Fryman, a supporting character in the Steven Universe cartoon series
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|
- Campbell, Mike. "Meaning, origin and history of the name Ronaldo". Behind the Name. Retrieved 2020-01-26.