|Full name||Ronaldo Soares Giovanelli|
|Date of birth||20 November 1967|
|Place of birth||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Ronaldo begun his career in 1979, after making the cut during a Corinthians youth tryout. Originally a forward, he was intimidated by the large pool of children who were gunning for attacking positions that day and decided to try out for a goalkeeping position, as he had brought gloves to the try out. Earning a spot as a third goalkeeper with the junior team, Ronaldo was eventually brought to the main team to help out in training. He made his professional debut in a goalless friendly against São José EC in 1988. During that year's Campeonato Paulista he defended a penalty kick from Darío Pereyra in the derby against São Paulo FC, cementing his place as the starting goalkeeper for the team.
As a player, Ronaldo was notorious for his physicality and for not being afraid of charging an incoming attacker.
A fundamental player in the 1990 Corinthians' Campeonato Brasileiro title win, and in 1994's defeat in the finals against SE Palmeiras, Ronaldo earned the Bola de Plata award from Placar magazine for best goalkeeper in both of these years. He left the club in 1998, by the order of then coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo, who sought to "renew" the club after the near relegation in 1997. Ronaldo played 602 times for Corinthians, being the team's third most capped player.
After being released by Corinthians, he played for many other clubs with nowhere near the success he enjoyed with Corinthians. He was a part of the Fluminense squad that was relegated from Série B to Série C in 1998. He retired from professional football in 2005.
While still playing for Corinthians, Ronaldo was the lead singer of the band Ronaldo e os Impedidos ("Ronaldo and the Offsiders"). After releasing two records, the band broke up. They returned in 2010 for the Corinthians' 100th anniversary festivities, and have been active since, playing both original music and covering songs from bands such as Megadeth, and artists like Raul Seixas and Elvis Presley. Ronaldo is also a radio host for Kiss FM.
Ronaldo is married and a father of two sons.
Sport Club Corinthians Paulista
- Campeonato Paulista: 1988, 1995, 1997
- Campeonato Brasileiro: 1990
- Supercopa do Brasil: 1991
- Copa do Brasil: 1995
- Bola de Prata: 1990, 1994
- "Ronaldo" (in Portuguese). Futpédia. Archived from the original on 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "Verdadeiro Ronaldo" justifica título de 1990 com amor pelo Corinthians
- "Ronaldo anti Choque", Placar number 1109, november 1995, Editora Abril, page 17
-  Archived August 1, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ronaldo Soares Giovanelli
- Relembre Ronaldo e os Impedidos, a banda do ex-goleiro
- Ex-goleiro Ronaldo reativa banda, entra no circuito de rock de SP e busca aceitação
- https://archive.is/20120715184459/http://portal.belezarevelada.com.br/2011/07/a-banda-%E2%80%9Cronaldo-e-os-impedidos%E2%80%9D-esta-de-volta/. Archived from the original on July 15, 2012. Retrieved January 22, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Ex-goleiro do Corinthians desmente boatos sobre doença" (in Portuguese). Portal Alone. Archived from the original on 2013-05-28.