Rondo ONZ Tower, Warsaw, Poland
|Address||Rondo ONZ 1|
|Town or city||Warsaw|
|Roof||159 m (522 ft)|
|Floor area||103,000 m2 (1,110,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||Design Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
Executive Architect: Epstein Architecture
Rondo 1 is an office skyscraper with a total height of 192 m located in Warsaw, Poland at Rondo ONZ. The building was designed by Larry Oltmanns during his time as the Design Director for the London office of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill. Epstein Architecture acted as Executive Architects. The general contractor was HOCHTIEF Poland. Oltmanns stated that the design was informed by three aspirations: to create 'an idealised work environment adaptable to a wide range of ways of working; to contribute to a better plan for a liveable city; and to be a symbol of Warsaw's position in a global democratic world.'
Construction began in the spring of 2003; on 7 August 2004 the foundation stone was laid, and 7 March 2006 was the official opening of the building.
- "Polish Architecture.com-Rondo 1, Warsaw". Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Vx3 Website-Larry Oltmanns Previous Experience-Rondo Onz". Archived from the original on 19 October 2013. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Rondo Onz". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Skidmore, Owings & Merrill's London office appointed to design new residential tower in Warsaw". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Architects Journal 3 April, 2003". Retrieved 28 November 2012.
|This article about a building or structure in Warsaw is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|