|Born||Ronnie Aaron Creager
January 14, 1974
|Occupation||Professional skateboarder, company owner|
As Creager has explained in a 2011 interview, he commenced skateboarding at the age of three:
My neighbor Mike Skinner introduced skateboarding to me around the age of three. He basically brainwashed me as a small child by pushing me around on his board when my mind was just developing. My first real board was a Sure-Grip that belonged to my sister, but the one I remember the most from early on was a Ken Park. I had all the plastic accessories on it—plus Rip Grip and cut-up griptape in all different colors. But back then, the only things that mattered to me were the wheels. If I could roll, I was in business.
Creager specializes in technical street skating and for more than twenty years his professional skateboard footage has frequently featured ledge structures (Creager produced a ledge skateboarding instructional video segment for TransWorld SKATEboarding magazine in 2011).
Creager was a senior member of the Blind Skateboards team and stated that it felt unstable when he first joined the company:
It was scary. At one point, I was the only rider on the team. I was worried. I had lost a sponsor before and knew how it felt, but this time was different: it wasn’t about getting kicked off—it was that the company might fall apart.
In 2011, Creager revealed that he had been with the company for almost twenty years, stating that his entire skateboarding career has been devoted to the brand: "I’ve dedicated my whole skate career to Blind and stood behind the company in times of both good and bad but I’m confident that Blind will take care of me."
Creager was sponsored by Tensor, the skateboard truck brand founded by skateboard pioneer Rodney Mullen—Creager released signature truck models with the brand. As of September 2013, Creager is a team rider for the Theeve truck brand.
Since 2011, Creager has become increasingly involved with The Berrics website that is owned by professional skateboarders Steve Berra and Eric Koston. In addition to being sponsored by the Berrics brand, Creager is often featured in the website's video segments and on January 14, 2013, the website released a birthday video that featured Creager skating in the Berrics training facility.
The Blind company published a media release on March 13, 2014 stating that Creager had parted ways with the company. Creager's future plan for a board sponsor was not included as part of the announcement. Creager is described as "a one of a kind inspiration to all of us at Blind, the team, everyone at Dwindle and skaters worldwide," with "uncanny board control and effortless style," whose "parts are timeless and serve as inspiration for skaters of all ages from every corner of the globe." Speculation arose on the internet about whether Creager will join the Almost Skateboards team, as a photo of an Almost board is posted on Creager's Facebook page on March 6, 2014.
Creager's first business venture involved launching a now-defunct skate shoe brand called "Nadia". However, Creager has since explained that the experience was a difficult one:
[The experience with Nadia was]Both positive and negative. Living in China for months at a time in the factory was amazing. I would work on shoes and try my hand at sewing—seeing firsthand how shoes are made. I’d play basketball at night and help employees learn to ride a skateboard. I would go fish all the time with our friend Bernie, who owns two plastic and metal molding manufacturing companies in Guang Dong, China. We’d catch fish for the factory and drink beer. Bernie is Cantonese and his English has gotten amazing over the years, my Mandarin, however, still sucks.The negative side was the lies and greed that the owners had. It sucks how people change when money is involved. I lost a huge amount of money paying for materials and salaries, but that’s the price I pay for experience.
Creager has also revealed that "I feel I’ve only made one bad decision in my whole skate career and that was when I decided to leave éS [to start Nadia]. Don Brown gave me the option to stay but I couldn’t take the pressure back then. I was naive, confused and didn’t know what to do."
Creager launched a skateboard accessories brand in 2011, entitled "Etcetera". According to the brand's publicity, the company "is committed to creating and innovating new products for skateboarding." As of September 2012, Etcetera produces the following accessories for the retail market: "Primo Insoles", "Ankle Stabiliser", "Lace Belt", and the "Wall Ride" skateboard deck-storage device. Creager explained the idea behind the brand in a 2011 interview:
It’s an accessories line designed to help keep skaters on their boards instead of nursing an injury. Ankle braces you can skate in, fully padded insoles and other products that I need to keep under wraps for a just little longer. It’s been in the works for a long time now. I just think it’s crazy that some of these ideas skaters come up with never get made, so that’s why we exist.
Etcetera also sponsors a team that consists of Lizard King, Jordan Hoffart, Manny Santiago, Ronnie Creager, Morgan Smith, Marc Johnson, and Chase Gabor (Johnson was added to the team in September 2012). Creager starred in a commercial for Etcetera, filmed at and near his home in California, US, and the production was published on the Internet in February 2012.
In July 2013, professional skateboarder Paul Rodriguez included Creager in his "top ten" list of favorite professional skateboarders. In addition to recommending Creager's 1996 Trilogy video part, Rodriguez explained the selection on his personal website:
I love that dude man. That guy, again.. style, creativity, technical abilities, precision. I would always be captivated by his skateboarding every time I would see anything from him. It seemed so easy and graceful when you would see him skate.
- Foundation: Cocktails (1992)
- Foundation: Super Conductor Super Collider (1993)
- Foundation: Barbarians At The Gate (1994)
- 411VM - Issue 4 (1994)
- World Industries: 20 Shot Sequence (1995)
- World Industries/Blind/101: Trilogy (1996)
- Rodney Mullen vs Daewon Song (1997)
- Pig: All Systems Go! (1998)
- Rodney Mullen vs Daewon Song: Round 2 (1999)
- 411VM - Issue 36 (1999)
- eS Footwear Menikmati (2000)
- TSA: Life In The Fast Lane (2001)
- 411VM - Best Of 411, Volume 7 (2001)
- 411VM - Vancouver (2002)
- Globe: World Cup Skateboarding (2005)
- Blind's What If? (2005)
- Etnies: Restless (2006)
- Globe: The Global Assault (2006)
- Thrasher: King Of The Road (2007)
- The Blind Video (2009)
- Blind: Blind Sunday Fundays (2010)
- Berrics "Battle Commander"
- "Happy Birthday Ronnie!" (VIDEO UPLOAD). The Berrics. The Berrics. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- Chops (2011). "The Chrome Ball Incident for ABD #3: Ronnie Creager". Already Been Done. Already Been Done. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- TransworldSKATEmag (1 May 2011). "Blind Sunday Fundays: Ronnie Creager In The Streets - TransWorld SKATEboarding" (VIDEO UPLOAD). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Darko Bosnjak (29 April 2007). "Ronnie Creager Super Part" (VIDEO UPLOAD). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Blair Alley (28 July 2011). "HOW TO: HALF CAB NOSESLIDE 270 OUT WITH RONNIE CREAGER" (VIDEO UPLOAD). TransWorld SKATEboarding. Bonnier Corporation. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Tensor Trucks - Duo Tone Series Ad (2006)". Skately. Skately LLC. 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Tensor Trucks - Magnesium Response Mids Ad (2008)". Skately. Skately LLC. 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Creager Silver Fade". Tensor Trucks. Tensor Trucks. January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- Theevetrucks (5 September 2013). "THEEVE WELCOMES RONNIE CREAGER TO THE TEAM" (VIDEO UPLOAD). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "FIRST TRY FRIDAYS With Mark Appleyard & Ronnie Creager" (VIDEO UPLOAD). The Berrics. The Berrics. 14 September 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "BATTLE AT THE BERRICS 6 Regular Vs Goofy" (VIDEO UPLOAD). The Berrics. The Berrics. 12 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- TWS (13 March 2014). "T: RONNIE CREAGER OFF BLIND". TransWorld SKATEboarding. GrindMedia. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Ronnie Creager (6 March 2014). "6 March". Ronnie Creager on Facebook. Facebook. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Team". Blind. Blind Skateboards. 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Team". Tensor Trucks. Tensor Trucks. 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Team". Bones Wheels. Skate One. 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- ronnie creager (13 May 2012). "How to GET FREE STICKERS! No catch, No Signup required!". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- Trevor Ward (September 2013). "Pro Team". Theeve Titanium Truck Co. Theeve Titanium Truck Co. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Primo Insoles". etcetera. The Etcetera Project. 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Products". Etcetera Project. Shopatron, Inc. and Etcetera Project. 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Etcetera Project (2012). "Team". Etcetera. Etcetera Project. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- General (9 September 2012). "Aberrican Times". The Berrics. The Berrics. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- ronnie creager (7 February 2012). "Ronnie Creager Etcetera Commercial" (VIDEO UPLOAD). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- Paul Rodriguez (21 July 2013). "PROD’S TOP TEN: FAVORITE PRO’S". The Official Paul Rodriguez Website. Rodskate, Inc. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Chase Gabor; Ronnie Creager (14 September 2012). "First Try Fridays with Mark Appleyard". The Berrics. The Berrics. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- TWS (13 January 2013). "Blind Sunday Fundays: Round 2". Transworld Skateboarding. Bonnier Publishing. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- pae75 (10 April 2010). "ronnie creager menikmati". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "added 7 days ago - Featured on 7th Jan, 2013 Blind Sunday Fundays: Ronnie Creager "What If"" (VIDEO UPLOAD). MPORA Pure Action Sports. Factory Media Ltd. 7 January 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- cheeto4sure (12 November 2009). "The Blind Video- Ronnie Creager". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- TransworldSKATEmag (1 May 2011). "Blind Sunday Fundays: Ronnie Creager In The Streets - TransWorld SKATEboarding" (VIDEO UPLOAD). YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "BLIND SUNDAY FUNDAYS: RONNIE CREAGER CLEAN CUTZ". Revolution Daily. Revolution Daily. 5 December 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Ronnie Creager skate videos". SkatevideoSite.com. SkatevideoSite.com. 2005–2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- MikeMoCapaldiVideos; The Berrics (22 July 2012). "Ronnie Creager - Battle Commander". YouTube. Google, Inc. Retrieved 5 October 2012.