Early life and education
Aaron 'Ronnie' Fieg was born and raised in Jamaica, Queens in New York City. Fieg began working as a stock boy and salesman for David Z, his uncle's footwear chain, at the age of 13, eventually becoming a manager and head buyer there.
While working at David Z, Fieg began bringing in many of the athletic footwear brands for the chain of stores. One of these brands was Asics, who offered Fieg the opportunity to collaborate on new designs based on their existing shoe models. Fieg then designed three pairs of Gel Lyte IIIs called "The 252 Pack", due to each sneaker being produced in quantities of 252. Fieg's new sneaker designs ended up on the cover of The Wall Street Journal, and sold out in 24 hours, helping to launch him on a new career path.
He has since gone on to collaborate with many other brands such as Adidas, Caminando, Chippewa, Clarks, Converse, Harris Tweed, Herschel Supply, New Balance, Polo Ralph Lauren, PUMA, Red Wings, Saucony, Sebago, Shades of Grey by Micah Cohen, and Timberland. His total number of collaborations is estimated at over 50 products.
On November 11, 2011, Fieg opened up his own apparel and footwear boutique called Kith NYC. It currently has three locations; the first location opened was in Brooklyn, and the second in Manhattan. In December 2015 the brand opened its first women's retail location in Manhattan. Kith carries brands including Yeezy, Stampd, Timberland, Adidas, Red Wing, Clarks, Asics, Danner, New Balance, Nike, Gourmet, and Native Footwear.
In August 2015, Fieg updated his Brooklyn store. The renovated space featured the new Kith Treats business, 750 cast white Air Jordan 2s hanging from the ceiling and overall design by Daniel Arsham and Alex Mustonen of Snarkitecture, who would go on to design the store's other locations as well. Kith Treats is a bar offering 23 varieties of cereal with assorted toppings and milk selections, as well as ice cream.
In July 2016, Kith opened a co-branded six month pop-up shop in collaboration with Nike also containing a custom Kith Treats, adjacent to the brand's Manhattan location. The design included white cast air Jordan 4s in reference to it being the company's fourth location. That year's "90's look" collection at drew attention at New York Fashion Week and involved 25 other brands. The company then opened a pop-up store in Aspen, Colorado and a permanent location in Miami. Participating brands included A Bathing Ape, Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Power Rangers and Rugrats. In 2017, Kith added an Aimé Leon Dore x KITH collaboration to its line. Fieg also expanded the Kith treats business, including a collaboration with Cap'n Crunch, new pop-up shops and an accessories and apparel line. In 2018, Kith collaborated with Coca Cola, Tommy Hilfiger, and The Jetsons. Upcoming collaborations with Versace and Greg Lauren were teased by Fieg via Instagram.
- "About Kith NYC". Kith NYC. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Harris, James (2 October 2014). "Fashion Bros with Ronnie Fieg". Complex. Complex Media. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Sawyer, Jonathon (9 February 2016). "Ronnie Fieg's Weekend with Mr. Porter". Highsnobiety. Titel Media. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "RONNIE FIEG – NEW YORK'S GEL LYTE GENIUS". Sneaker Freaker. 24 November 2010. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "The Infinite Interview With Ronnie Fieg". Infinite Legroom. Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- Fieg, Ronnie (23 December 2015). "Homage by Ronnie Fieg". Kith NYC. Kith Retail LLC. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- DeLeon, Jian (27 August 2015). "The Hustle Behind Kith". Business of Fashion. Business of Fashion. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Ronnie Fieg x PUMA "Tokyo Sakura Project" Pack". Retrieved 21 April 2015.
- "40 of the Best Ronnie Fieg Collaborations of all Time". Cult Edge. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "About KITHNYC". KITHNYC. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "The Hustle Behind Kith, Ronnie Fieg's Self-Made Sneaker Empire". The Business of Fashion. 2015-08-27. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Ronnie Fieg of KITH – Friday Fives - The Infatuation". The Infatuation. 2015-08-28. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Mini marshmallows, hemp milk and more at NYC's first cereal bar!". am New York. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "A Closer Look at the KITH and Nike Pop-Up Store in New York". Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "This NY-Based Brand Is About to Be Everywhere". 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "Ronnie Fieg Teases Aimé Leon Dore x KITH Collaboration". Hypebeast. Retrieved 2017-03-21.
- "Kith Has Two Pop-Up Shops and a Cereal Collaboration on the Way". Complex. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "Kith's Ronnie Fieg Knows Exactly What You Want". New York Times. Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- "Ronnie Fieg Designs Special Lab Coat for Daniel Arsham/". Highsnobiety. Retrieved 2018-01-27.