Ronnie Jones (singer)
Jones first came to Europe with the United States Air Force. He started his career in England, where he joined the first incarnation of the Blues Incorporated with Alexis Korner, Jack Bruce, Cyril Davis, Johnny Parker and Ginger Baker. He later formed a band called The Nightimers with John McLaughlin, before moving to Italy to join the cast of the local production of Hair. He then performed with artists such as Claudja Barry and Cooper Terry, and had a hit in the Italian charts with Funky Bump (Atlantic, 1976).
In the 1970s and the 1980s Jones worked as a musician, DJ and TV host at RAI and Radio 105 Network. From 1980 to 1985 he hosted the TV show Popcorn. The theme, "Video Games", charted #28 on the Italian hit parade.
Jones currently resides in Italy and tours regularly with his band, The Soul Syndicate.
- 1976 Lookin' For Action
- 1978 Me And Myself
- 1979 Fox On The Run
- 1980 Games
- 1996 The Best Of Ronnie Jones
- 1998 The Man
- 2008 Again
- 2009 Ray Charles Memories
- 2011 Bang!
- 1964 Night Time Is The Right Time (with Alexis Korner Blues Incorporated)
- 1964 I Need Your Loving / Let's Spin A Rose On You
- 1965 It's All Over / My Love
- 1965 You're Looking Good / I'm So Clean
- 1965 Anyone Who Knows What Love Is / Nobody But You
- 1966 Satisfy My Soul / My Only Souvenir
- 1967 Little Bitty Pretty One / Put Your Tears Away
- 1967 In My Love Mind / Mama Come On Home
- 1968 Without Love (There Is Nothing) / Little Bitty Pretty One
- 1969 Rock Your Baby / The City
- 1973 Sunshine Day / Every Beat Of My Heart
- 1974 Angela
- 1976 Soul Sister / Lookin' for Action
- 1976 Under My Thumb/It's the Same Old Song / Satin Sheets
- 1977 It Takes Two (with Claudja Barry) / Take Me
- 1978 Me and Myself / Number One
- 1979 Fox On The Run / Southside Philly
- 1980 Richman / My Dance Exercises
- 1980 Let's Do It Again / Cosmo Rap
- 1981 The Two Of Us / United We Stand
- 1982 Laser Love / The Two Of Us Remix
- 1983 You And I
- 1984 Good Times / Band Of Jocks
- 1986 Into The Groove
- 2001 Wake Up Reggae
- Dario Salvatori. Storia dell'Hit Parade. Gramese, 1989. ISBN 8876054391.
- Ray Clark Radio Caroline: The True Story of the Boat that Rocked 0750954736 2014 "Ronan O'Rahilly was also the manager for a number of artists ..Another of Ronan's protégés was blues singer Ronnie Jones, an ..."
- Jerry Bloom Black Knight: Ritchie Blackmore 2010 0857120530 p.83 "With no regular work coming in, Blackmore flitted between Germany and England taking whatever session work he could, including other Derek Lawrence-produced sessions for the US market – one for soul singer Ronnie Jones and another ..."
- Billboard - 6 Oct. 1979 "material recorded by singer Ronnie Jones is included in the deal"
|This article about an Italian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|