|Born||March 23, 1962|
|Associated acts||New Riders of the Purple Sage, JGB, Stir Fried, Ripple, Ronnie Penque Band|
Ronnie Penque is a bassist, singer and songwriter who has been working in the music industry for over 30 years. Penque is most notably recognized for his work with the current New Riders of the Purple Sage.
The New Riders emerged from the psychedelic rock scene in San Francisco, California in 1969. The band originally included members of the Grateful Dead including Phil Lesh and Jerry Garcia. Penque was also lead singer and bass player for Melvin Seals and JGB. Melvin Seals is the keyboard player for the original Jerry Garcia Band. For the last 30 years Penque has worked other New York area bands including Ripple, Stir Fried and Splintered Sunlight out of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. When not working with NRPS Ronnie is busy with his other bands, the Ronnie Penque Band and the Penque-Diomede Band, or doing session work. On November 2, 2010 Penque released his first solo album, titled Only Road Home, on Bayland Records.
- Wanted: Live at Turkey Trot – New Riders of the Purple Sage (2007)
- Where I Come From – New Riders of the Purple Sage (2009)
- Only Road Home – Ronnie Penque Band (2010)
- 17 Pine Avenue – New Riders of the Purple Sage (2012)
- Ronnie Penque at AllMusic. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- "Bios", New Riders of the Purple Sage. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- Brown, Corey (January 26, 2010). "Ronnie Penque", No Treble. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- Collette, Doug (October 8, 2014). "New Riders of the Purple Sage at the Rusty Nail", All About Jazz. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- Hone, Tim (August 10, 2016). "Deadheads Break Bread at Gateway", The SandPaper. Retrieved August 31, 2016.
- Robbins, Brian. (November 19, 2010) "Taking the Only Road Home with Ronnie Penque", Jambands.com. Retrieved December 22, 2010
- Robbins, Brian. (November 29, 2010) Only Road Home review, Jambands.com. Retrieved December 22, 2010