Roonka Conservation Park
|Roonka Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Blanchetown|
|Established||27 July 1978|
|Area||1.02 km2 (0.4 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Roonka Conservation Park is a protected area in the Australian state of South Australia located in the gazetted locality of Blanchetown about 5.8 kilometres (3.6 mi) north of the Blanchetown town centre.
The conservation park is located on land in sections 4 and 5 in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Hay on the western side of the Murray River. It was constituted under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 on 27 July 1978. As of July 2016, the conservation park covered an area of 1.02 square kilometres (0.39 sq mi).
In 1980, it was described as follows: 
Roonka Conservation Park contains a most important archaeological site, spanning about 18,000 years. It has yielded evidence of an extremely wide variety of mortuary practices, a large range of archaeological phenomena and a long cultural sequence. The site has been excavated over more than a decade by the South Australian Museum.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2014. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Search result for "Roonka Conservation Park" (Record no. SA0058849) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and LLocalities", "Hundreds", "NPW and Conservation Reserve Boundaries", "NPW and Conservation Reserve Boundaries", "SA Government Regions", and "Gazetteer"". Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT, 1972-1978: ROONKA CONSERVATION PARK CONSTITUTED" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia: 287. 27 July 1978. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 11 July 2016)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "Roonka Conservation Park – listing on the now-defunct Register of the National Estate (Place ID 7851)". Australian Heritage Database. Department of the Environment. 1980. Retrieved 3 April 2018.