Roosevelt High School (South Dakota)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Roosevelt High School|
|6600 W. 41st Street
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57106
|School type||Public, Secondary|
|School district||Sioux Falls School District|
|Color(s)||Cardinal, Gold, White
|Team name||Rough Riders|
Theodore Roosevelt High School opened in September 1991 on a 40-acre (160,000 m2) campus in southwest Sioux Falls.
Roosevelt High School was selected as a pilot site for the South Dakota Modernization Project. Through the modernization project and continued efforts to improve student achievement, Roosevelt High School has embarked upon programs in Value-Added Instruction, Classroom Management That Works, 21st Century Skills, Curriculum Mapping and Differentiated Instruction.
Roosevelt High School has been consistently ranked in the top twenty percent of all high schools in the United States.
- Kellen Briggs, professional ice hockey goaltender
- January Jones, actress in the television series Mad Men
- All members of The Spill Canvas, an alternative rock band
The school is serviced by Sioux Area Metro Route 25, which is open to all fare-paying passengers Monday to Friday during the school year.
- "Sioux Falls Roosevelt High School". SDHSAA. September 13, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-13.
- "The Top of the Class". Newsweek. Retrieved November 13, 2007.[dead link]
- Bahr, Jeff (March 20, 2011). "Hecla revisited: Actress' family recounts time in South Dakota". The American News. Aberdeen, South Dakota. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
|This South Dakota school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|