The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|No. of stores and services||55|
|No. of anchor tenants||1|
|Total retail floor area||562,269 square feet (52,236.5 m2)|
|No. of floors||1 (3 in Macy's)|
|Public transit access||SEPTA bus: 1, 14, 20, 50, 58, 70, 77|
Roosevelt Mall is a medium-sized outdoor shopping mall, located along Pennsylvania Route 73 (Cottman Avenue) between Bustleton Avenue west end and Roosevelt Boulevard in the east end, or Rhawnhurst neighborhood of Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Sinc 2015, the mall has featured a flea market on Saturdays during he summer.
Since opening in 1961, Roosevelt Mall anchors have included S. Klein, Wanamaker's, Hecht's, Strawbridge's, and Macy's. When the mall anchor was Strawbridge's, it had a bargain basement in which all furniture and goods were marked down by 80%.
The anchor store is, as of 2018, a branch of Macy's. This store was a branch of John Wanamaker's, opening in 1976. This location was a change of focus for Wanamaker's, being in a largely working-class area, where customers were price-sensitive, as opposed to its previous high-end focus. Wanamaker's tailored the store for this market. Before it was a Wanamaker's, this store was a branch of S. Klein, which closed in 1975, because of the financial problems of its owner, McCrory Stores. The mall was originally enclosed. It was redeveloped as an open-air mall in 1999 by Dewberry Capital Corp.
The mall is also home to a franchise of one of Philadelphia's oldest and most notable cheesesteak restaurants, Jim's Steaks, which was founded in West Philadelphia in 1939 and also operates on South Street in Philadelphia.
- Latarola,, Louis M.; Latarola,, Lynn-Carmela T. (2005). Lower Northeast Philadelphia. Arcadia Publishing. p. 115. ISBN 0738537489.
- Pulsifer, Kevin. "Worth the Trip: Roosevelt Mall Flea Market Returns After 20+ Year Absence". Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Mathis, Karen Brune (January 5, 2018). "Belk store coming down at Roosevelt". Jax Daily Record. Retrieved 16 April 2018.
- Lisicky, Michael J. (2010). Wanamaker's: Meet Me at the Eagle. Arcadia Publishing,. ISBN 9781596290082. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "Jim's Steaks". Retrieved December 9, 2011.
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|