Rooster Teeth Games
This article needs to be updated.June 2020)(
|Founded||Austin, Texas (2017)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
Rooster Teeth Games is an American video game developer, publisher and distributor based in Austin, Texas, serving as Rooster Teeth's video game division. It is focused on "bridging the gap between independent game developers and the worldwide community of gamers."
Rooster Teeth Games was officially launched January 25, 2017. The aim is to help indie-developers gain exposure through Rooster Teeth’s large fan-base by developing games on all platforms for their community. The announcement was received positively, with The Mary Sue calling it, "a perfect fit" given the company's "upstart background" starting with Red vs. Blue.
RWBY: Grimm Eclipse is a traditional hack and slash single and multiplayer game that uses chain combos and is based on the popular anime RWBY. It was originally developed in 2014 by a fan, Jordan Scott, in celebration of Rooster Teeth's anniversary. At RTX 2014, Rooster Teeth announced that they had hired Scott, and officially picked up the game. Rooster Teeth CEO Matt Hullum stated, "RWBY is a natural choice for us to focus on for our first in-house produced video game. Fans can expect that we will bring the same level of originality in action, comedy and design to the video game that has made the RWBY animated series such a hit." RWBY: Grimm Eclipse was a bestseller when it was released on Steam in the summer of 2016 and is a top-10 seller on PS4 and Xbox One. They were awarded Best Video Game Studio/Developer 2014 by The Austin Chronicle for RWBY: Grimm Eclipse.
In early 2017, Rooster Teeth Games had become a game publisher for independent games in addition to its video game development. In June 2017, it was announced David Eddings had joined as its head of game publishing. On September 27, 2017, Rooster Teeth Games announced a Kickstarter campaign for its first official board game, also based on RWBY, titled RWBY: Combat Ready in collaboration with Arcane Wonders. The campaign successfully reached its goal within days.
Its next game, Vicious Circle, described as a "uncooperative shooter" was released in August 2019.
List of games developed and/or published
|2016||RWBY: Grimm Eclipse||Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Hack and Slash||Rooster Teeth Games||Rooster Teeth Games||Originally a fan made RWBY game that was later officially picked up by Rooster Teeth.|
|2016||Super Rad Raygun||Microsoft Windows||2D Sidescroller||Tru Fun Entertainment||Rooster Teeth Games||Publisher only.|
|2017||Battlesloths 2025: The Great Pizza Wars||Microsoft Windows||Top-down shooter||Invisible Collective||Rooster Teeth Games||Publisher only.|
|2018||Bendy and the Ink Machine||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch||Episodic survival horror||Kindly Beast (under the banner Joey Drew Studios)||Rooster Teeth Games||Publisher only.|
|2018||RWBY: Amity Arena||Android, iOS||Action||NHN Entertainment. BaobabNet||Rooster Teeth Games||Publisher only.|
|2019||RWBY Deckbuilding Game||Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS||Virtual Collectible Card Game||80Arcade||Rooster Teeth Games||Publisher only.|
|2019||RWBY: Crystal Quest||Android, iOS||Puzzle||EGLS Technology, Crunchyroll Games||Rooster Teeth Games||Publisher only.|
|2019||Vicious Circle||Microsoft Windows||Uncooperative multiplayer shooter||Rooster Teeth Games||Rooster Teeth Games||Title was announced on Rooster Teeth Podcast Episode 526.|
|2016||Million Dollars, But... The Game||2-6||Rooster Teeth Games||Based on Million Dollars, But...|
|2018||RWBY: Combat Ready||2-4||Rooster Teeth Games
|Based on RWBY.|
|2018||Achievement Hunter Heist||2-4||Rooster Teeth Games||Based on Achievement Hunter.|
- SHLAPAK, HELENA. "ROOSTER TEETH LAUNCHES VIDEO GAME DIVISION". www.cgmagonline.com/. CG Magazine. Retrieved 26 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- McAloon, Alissa. "Rooster Teeth Games switches gears to branch into game publishing". www.gamasutra.com. Gamasutra. Retrieved 26 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Hatchett, Keisha. "Rooster Teeth Launches Video Game Publisher to Help Out Indie Game Developers". themarysue.com. The Mary Sue. Retrieved 26 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Martinez, Phillip. "'RWBY: Grimm Eclipse' Review: High-Energy Action For A Low Price Decksplash - Official Announcement Trailer Loading". idigitaltimes.com. I Digital Times. Retrieved 26 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Scott, Jordan (1 April 2014). "RWBY: Grim Eclipse – Demo Release Trailer". YouTube. Retrieved 9 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Rush, Amanda. "Rooster Teeth Making "RWBY" Video Game". Crunchyroll.com. Crunchy Roll. Retrieved 5 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Cohen, Joshua. "Rooster Teeth Is Developing A Video Game". Tubefilter.com. TubeFilter. Retrieved 5 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Ricchiuto, Madeline. "Rooster Teeth Announces New Games Division Alongside Battlesloths 2025 the Great Pizza Wars". www.bleedingcool.com. Bleeding Cool. Retrieved 26 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Best Video Game Studio/Developer: Rooster Teeth". www.austinchronicle.com. The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 26 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- TAKAHASHI, DEAN. "Video site Rooster Teeth launches its own game publishing business". venturebeat.com. Venture Beat. Retrieved 26 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Sinclair, Brendan. "David Eddings joins Rooster Teeth Games". gamesindustry.biz. Games Industry. Retrieved 18 February 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- RWBY: Combat Ready - Kickstarter
- Cacho, Gieson. "It's kill or be killed in 'Vicious Circle'". Sentinel and Enterprise. Retrieved 12 July 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Million Dollars, But... The Game - Rooster Teeth Store
- RWBY: Combat Ready Official Website
- Achievement Hunter Heist - Rooster Teeth Store
- Michael Haldwin on Twitter