Rooty Hill railway station
Eastbound view in November 2011
|Location||North Parade, Rooty Hill, NSW
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||40.91 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Opened||23 December 1861|
Rooty Hill station opened on 23 December 1861 as the terminus of the Main Western line when it was extended from Blacktown. On 1 May 1862, the line was extended to St Marys. The station was rebuilt in the 1940s.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Hornsby via Central & Chatswood|||
|2||services to Hornsby via Central & Chatswood||Mainly used during peak hours|
|3||services to Emu Plains||Mainly used during peak hours|
|4||services to Emu Plains|||
Busways operates four routes via Rooty Hill station:
- 737: Mount Druitt station to Eastern Creek
- 738: to Eastern Creek
- 756: Mount Druitt station to Blacktown station
- 757: Mount Druitt station to Riverstone station
- Rooty Hill Station NSWrail.net
- Rooty Hill Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "T1: Western line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 737 timetable information". Busways. 27 July 2015.
- "Route 738 timetable information". Busways. 27 July 2015.
- "Route 756 timetable information". Busways. 27 July 2015.
- "Route 757 timetable information". Busways. 27 July 2015.