Rooty Hill railway station
Eastbound view in November 2011
North Parade, Rooty Hill, NSW|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||40.91 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||4 (2 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||23 December 1861|
|Passengers (2013)||2,760 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Rooty Hill station opened on 23 December 1861 as the terminus of the Main Western line when it was extended from Blacktown. On 1 May 1862, the line was extended to St Marys. The station was rebuilt in the 1940s.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Hornsby via Central & Chatswood|||
|2||services to Hornsby via Central & Chatswood||Mainly used during peak hours|
|3||services to Emu Plains||Mainly used during peak hours|
|4||services to Emu Plains|||
Busways operates three routes via Rooty Hill station:
- 738: to Eastern Creek
- 756: Mount Druitt station to Blacktown station
- 757: Mount Druitt station to Riverstone station
- Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Rooty Hill Station NSWrail.net
- Rooty Hill Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "T1: Western line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- "Busways route 738". Transport for NSW.
- "Busways route 756". Transport for NSW.
- "Busways route 757". Transport for NSW.