Roque Esteban Scarpa
Roque Esteban Scarpa Straboni (March 26, 1914 in Punta Arenas - January 11, 1995 in Santiago) was a Chilean writer, literary critic and scholar. He won the Chilean National Prize for Literature in 1980. He was of Croatian and Italian descent.
Scarpa served as professor of literature at the University of Chile and was a prominent member of the Chilean Academy of Language. In 1943 he founded the Teatro de Ensayo of the Catholic University of Chile. He was director of the National Library of Chile (1967–1971 and 1973–1977).
- Dos poetas españoles: Federico García Lorca, Rafael Alberti (1935)
- Mortal mantenimiento (1942)
- Cancionero de Hammud (1942)
- Luz de ayer (poesía 1940-45) (1951)
- Thomas Mann. Una personalidad en una obra (1961)
- Una mujer nada de tonta (1976)
- El árbol deshojado de sonrisas (1977)
- No tengo tiempo: (poesía 1976) (1977)
- La desterrada en su patria: Gabriela Mistral en Magallanes: 1918-1920 (1977)
- El laberinto sin muros (1981)
|This article about a Chilean writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|