|Birth name||Manuela Pulgarín González|
|Born||11 July 1941|
Badajoz, Extremadura, Spain
|Died||4 December 2019 (aged 79)|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, dancer, actress, model|
|Labels||Discos Belter, Columbia|
|Associated acts||Lola Flores|
Sammy Davis, Jr.
Rosa Morena (11 July 1941 – 4 December 2019) was a Spanish flamenco pop star who achieved international fame during the 1970s disco era, with the song, "Échale guindas al pavo". Morena was born in Badajoz, Extremadura, Spain.
Her career began at the age of 8. When she was 12 she debuted in Madrid and at the age of 15 she began a tour through the stages of France, Belgium, Latin America and United States, where she acted with artists like Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Celia Cruz and Dean Martin. In New York, she was considered by the critics as "The best artist in the City of Skyscrapers".
- Alborada en cartagena: El secreto de las esmeraldas (1966), co-starring Julio Pérez Tabernero, Arturo Correa and Enrique Pontón, directed by Sebastián Almeida.
- Flor salvaje (1968), co-starring Luis Dávila, Antonio Prieto Puerto and Mónica Randall, directed by Javier Setó.
- Entre ríos y encinares (1971), documentary film directed by Julio Pérez Tabernero.
- Muere en Badajoz la cantante Rosa Morena (in Spanish)
- Muere Rosa Morena, considerada una de las precursoras del flamenco pop español de los 70 (in Spanish)
- "Alborada en cartagena: (el secreto de las esmeraldas)". Portal del Cine y el Audiovisual Latinamerocano y Caribeño (in Spanish). Fundación del Nuevo Cine Latinoamericano. Retrieved 12 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "FLOR SALVAJE (1965)". Cineymax.com (in Spanish). Cineymax.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Entre RÍos Y Encinares, Película". DePeliculasGratis.com (in Spanish). DePeliculasGratis.com. Retrieved 12 July 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)