|Leader of the New Brunswick New Democratic Party |
January 9, 2017 – August 10, 2017
|Preceded by||Dominic Cardy|
|Succeeded by||Jennifer McKenzie|
|Political party||New Brunswick New Democratic Party,|
New Democratic Party
Rosaire L'Italien was the interim leader of the New Brunswick New Democratic Party in 2017. Previously, he had been a journalist for Radio-Canada-owned station CBAFT-DT in Moncton for 42 years, covering New Brunswick and Atlantic Canada before retiring in 2015. In the 2015 federal election, he was the New Democratic Party's candidate in Madawaska—Restigouche where he placed second, ahead of incumbent Conservative MP Bernard Valcourt. On January 9, 2017, he was appointed interim leader of the provincial party by the party's executive following the resignation of Dominic Cardy. He remained leader until August 10, 2017, when Jennifer McKenzie was chosen as the new NDP leader.
|2015 Canadian federal election: Madawaska—Restigouche|
|New Democratic||Rosaire L'Italien||9,670||25.92||+6.58||$92,730.82|
|Total valid votes/expense limit||37,306||99.08||$199,271.58|
|Total rejected ballots||348||0.92||–|
|Liberal gain from Conservative||Swing||+22.45|
|Source: Elections Canada|
- "L'ex-journaliste Rosaire L'Italien officiellement au NPD". Fr.canoe.ca. 2015-07-19. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- "Madawaska-Restigouche elects Liberal René Arseneault". CBC News. 2015-10-19. Retrieved 2017-04-23.
- "NDP names Rosaire L'Italien interim leader - New Brunswick - CBC News". Cbc.ca. 2017-01-09. Retrieved 2017-01-18.
- Elections Canada – Confirmed candidates for Madawaska—Restigouche, 30 September 2015
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine