|Village of Rosalind|
|Municipal district||Camrose County|
|• Village||January 1, 1966|
|• Mayor||James McTavish|
|• Governing body||Rosalind Village Council|
|• Land||0.62 km2 (0.24 sq mi)|
|Elevation||710 m (2,330 ft)|
|• Density||261.1/km2 (676/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−6 (MDT)|
Rosalind is a village located in the prairies of central Alberta, Canada. It is located on Highway 854, approximately 120 kilometres (75 mi) southeast of Edmonton and 30 kilometres (19 mi) southeast of Camrose, the closest major trading centre.
The name Rosalind was first used in 1905 and is likely an amalgamation of the nearby school districts Montrose and East Lynne.
Rosalind has a number of small businesses, an elementary school and a junior high school. The village provides various municipal services to its residents including fire protection.
In the 2021 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Village of Rosalind had a population of 162 living in 75 of its 84 total private dwellings, a change of -13.8% from its 2016 population of 188. With a land area of 0.62 km2 (0.24 sq mi), it had a population density of 261.3/km2 (676.7/sq mi) in 2021.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Village of Rosalind recorded a population of 188 living in 87 of its 95 total private dwellings, a -1.1% change from its 2011 population of 190. With a land area of 0.62 km2 (0.24 sq mi), it had a population density of 303.2/km2 (785.4/sq mi) in 2016.
- "Location and History Profile: Village of Rosalind" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. October 21, 2016. p. 520. Retrieved October 23, 2016.
- "Population and dwelling counts: Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities)". Statistics Canada. February 9, 2022. Retrieved February 9, 2022.
- As the Wheels Turn : a history of Rosalind, Kelsey and districts. Rosalind, Alberta: Rosalind and District History Book Committee. 1982. p. 37.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "About". Village of Rosalind. Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-10-02.